Sonic Electronix

Hey everybody, I will soon be purchasing the Soundstream TX1.2000D and I would just like to hear your guy's input on whether I should or shouldn't use the bass knob? I know some bass knobs just cause distortion.. Any help would be great!

I've never personally heard of bass knobs causing distortion, but if you don't want to be able to control your bass, you can leave it out...

I've just heard of it in the "lower" car audio companies

If its a remote gain knob, then it won't cause distortion if everything is tuned/used properly. I think some are bass boost knobs which can cause distortion.

Its possible that your hearing it because people set their gains then crank the base knob up which causes the signal to distort.

If you use it, turn it all the way up before you set your gain, that way when you use it turned up all the way the signal is still clean and clear. When you turn it down it will still turn the base down but you won't have to worry about clipping or distortion from turning it up.

pgsig.png

Its possible that your hearing it because people set their gains then crank the base knob up which causes the signal to distort.

If you use it, turn it all the way up before you set your gain, that way when you use it turned up all the way the signal is still clean and clear. When you turn it down it will still turn the base down but you won't have to worry about clipping or distortion from turning it up.

couldnt say it better..thats the best way

I like using it. My gf hates bass so I turn it up when I ride alone and can easily turn it down when she rides with me. They're cheap, easy to install and give you control of your bass within arms reach. Makes sense to me.

Vehicle: 2007 GMC Denali

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-8400BH

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp

Sub: Ascendant Audio Havoc 12"

Electrical: Big 3, Dual Batteries, Stock 160-amp alternator

Wiring: RF 0 gauge

Box: Custom built 1.89^3 net

Archived