Sundown Audio

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d?

AB18VFL

I've always thought the price seemed too good to be true. It has 160amps of fusing, board design looks pretty beefy. Read somewhere that it did 2krms clamped, however i didnt see proof to back it up.

I'm sure some of you guys have run this amp, I'd like to hear some opinions. Is it worth the money? Any good termlab scores? I just wanna get as loud as I can within my shitty budget.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not getting 2,000 watts. Keep voltage up and electrical steady, and expect close enough to 1,700 it doesn't matter. And what would termlab numbers mean? I swear, I don't know where this misconception of this equipment scoring this score, so if I buy the same amp I could do the same.

Get what subs you can afford, push them with an amp which will do the power you want at the ohm load you want nominally, spend the little bit extra for a proven enclosure design, and build properly. The best way to overcome a small budget, not seeing other peoples scores.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

my friend had one, it didnt seem to bad. he had that amp on 2 kicker cvx's we tested it and to be honest my audioque 1200d put out the same power but cleaner

^He makes a good point. Hifonics has great watt per dollar, however they aren't going to last as long, be as efficient, or pump out "clean watts" like a more expensive Audioque, Crescendo, SKAR, etc. amplifier would.

I used to owned one and never had a problem with it, i would recommend it to a friend. only thing i didn't like about it was the terminals were angled down. also the brz1700.1d isn't internally fused.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Not worth your time. Got one and it started smoking. A buddy got one too and it didn't put out near 1700. Maybe more like 1000. Spend the extra money and get something worth your time. Something that will last longer and deliver cleaner bass..

2 - Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 (Box tuned to 34 hrz)

1 - RF t1500.1bdcp

1 - RF t400.4

2 - JL Audio C5 5 1/4 in front doors

2 - JL Audio C5 570 in rear deck

2 - JL Audio ZR100 in front pillars

1 - Kenwood ExCelon HU

Not worth your time. Got one and it started smoking. A buddy got one too and it didn't put out near 1700. Maybe more like 1000. Spend the extra money and get something worth your time. Something that will last longer and deliver cleaner bass..

Each to their own.

Mine is taking .7 daily without impedence rise factored in. It's a great amp that has taken plenty of abuse.

My guess is you had a dead amp on arrival, or without knowing your install it could have been user error. Not saying it was, just saying it could have been.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

And what did you clamp the amp with? The trusty ol' earometer?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

So...did you have an amp that you just KNEW did 1000 watts and you swapped it for the BRZ1700 and it sounded exactly the same? Or did you just hear it and decide "that sounds about like 1000...yep."

I guess it's impossible for a 1000 watt amp to be louder on a completely different setup than a 1700 watt one....

You were obviously doing something wrong.

Never had a problem with either of my Hifonics amps besides the fact that they are power hungry. Keep them fed right, and you'll get what you want out of them.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived