Sundown Audio

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d?

AB18VFL

I own one. Very happy with it. Pushes my fully loaded fi bl 18 very good. Running it off a 13.8v change system big 3 and 138a alt only. Doesn't get warm even after hours untill you send it into distortion and or clipping. Very impressed so far with it had for 2 weeks

And I don't get how they are power hungry. My voltage barely even drops full tilt at 35/45 volume which it's as loud as I will go for daily

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now up to 4 of the BXI-1608ds. So- 4 years old, no issues.

Like anything, you have to know what you have and know what to do with it. Just like HatersGonnaHate said, feed them good power and they will send good power to your woofas.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I'm just saying. I have done about 20 installs in my time so I know what I am doing when it comes to hooking up amps. Definately not user error.

The ear-o-meter? Never heard of it. I have heard the difference between 500rms, 1000rms, 1500 rms, and so on up to about 5000rms.

I know the amp wasn't pushing 1700. Ya sure it could have been a bad amp from the factory. But two of them? Come on.

Read the reviews. It is a good amp for the money don't get me wrong. However, keep in mind you get what you pay for.

2 - Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 (Box tuned to 34 hrz)

1 - RF t1500.1bdcp

1 - RF t400.4

2 - JL Audio C5 5 1/4 in front doors

2 - JL Audio C5 570 in rear deck

2 - JL Audio ZR100 in front pillars

1 - Kenwood ExCelon HU

You have absolutely no idea what you're doing. And to further prove my point, you openly admit to using the earometer. Your methods, logic, and experience are seriously flawed, which makes me curious about these 20 installs.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I've heard 2 18's on 250 watts that sounded like it was being pushed by 2500 watts. The ear-o-meter doesn't mean shit. I'm still sticking by my initial statement that if you smoked the amp on install, it was either a bad amp to begin with or user error.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I owned a hifonics 1200 does rated until I put it to the DD-1. Then the gain could only go up I'd say about 1/3 then it distorted and no bass boost. Before it was like 1/2 way up and near max bass boost, plus its not the most efficient amp. The skar 1500 I have now destroys the hifonics amp.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

wow great to hear some good reviews on hifonics. i was seriously just looking up hifonics amps trying to decided which one to get when i order my 2 new vvx 12s.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

And Colin, where do you keep finding your amps at? I'm looking for more lol. Either another BXI1610 or another BRZ1200

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I've heard 2 18's on 250 watts that sounded like it was being pushed by 2500 watts. The ear-o-meter doesn't mean shit. I'm still sticking by my initial statement that if you smoked the amp on install, it was either a bad amp to begin with or user error.

I find that hard to believe. However, impressive if true..

Back to the point.. You get what you pay for.. I have had a bad experience with Hifonics. Just my two cents..

2 - Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 (Box tuned to 34 hrz)

1 - RF t1500.1bdcp

1 - RF t400.4

2 - JL Audio C5 5 1/4 in front doors

2 - JL Audio C5 570 in rear deck

2 - JL Audio ZR100 in front pillars

1 - Kenwood ExCelon HU

wow great to hear some good reviews on hifonics. i was seriously just looking up hifonics amps trying to decided which one to get when i order my 2 new vvx 12s.

If you do go with Hifonics, just stay away from the newish HFI line..... They suck lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived