BEST OF CALI 2012 ***CANCELLED***

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After speaking with Steve Stern this event is not secured as State Finals.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

since the best of cali is tied in with the x3 event. will it be run like one? i hate burping from outside my truck. or will it be handle as a 1x but jus at the same show as a 3x? so 2 separate shows?

Fresno, Cali 559

Toad if your attending a 3x you should expect the rules to be enforced. For Drag than means your out of the vehicle.

Plain Fact.... If your unwilling to drive you are not and will not be the BEST OF CALI, KING OF CALI or or anything else but king of your block. Kinda reminds me of the dog barking at the edge of the sidewalk only to run to the house when barked at.

I got this on my calender as my Finals. May be the only time I get to play in the lanes and I guarantee I'll be coming strong flexin the rex in Bassrace!

Absolutely fantastic idea TeamBassick!

I plan on going, but we still have now shows down here to help get ready for it. Andy is trying his best, but Jeffrey just gets all defensive and bitchy any time anybody asks why we have no shows.

Honestly it has just been a coincidence we have so many shows popping off up here. I only planned on doing 1 a month this year, don't ask me what happen I have no idea. LOL

There trying bro, I am sure if the other judges find a way to make it lucrative to them, they will come...

I haven't seen Jim Wright do any yet, he's closer to u guy's maybe he can work on something down there.

Kimo and Rob are coming strong for norcal!

Heck nobody said u can't put a huge 3x socal showdown down that way, once again show the judges a way to get paid and yup, they will be there!

Thanks for the noticing bro.

After speaking with Steve Stern this event is not secured as State Finals.

If you don't call me back it will be, Like I posted, it is 75% locked up for regionals. 25% is on you and Todd. However, this show is going down either way. Don't think your name has not come up in my discussions with Steve Stern, Aubrey and Jefferey. It is well known your passion for wanting to be the "MECA" guy.

since the best of cali is tied in with the x3 event. will it be run like one? i hate burping from outside my truck. or will it be handle as a 1x but jus at the same show as a 3x? so 2 separate shows?

NOPE that would be a logistical nightmare on the judges half to have a seperate show just for best of cali. It will basically be ran like a Finals event as going in you are qualified for your respected class i.e. ss3-4 and bass race 159.9. Bass Race for finals normally means you need just points in bass race but, for this event it has to be in the class you have competed in all season. so if you ran 129.9 all year thats the class you run at the event. if you dont' qualify or don't have the points then you can compete in that class but, you don't qualfiy for best of cali. Does that make sense?

Now the idea of a satelite event for finals here in cali is not completely off the table from what I hear but, It is not confirmed yet either.

This event has been posted 3 months in advance and is asking at the most an 8-10 hour drive for some competitors. I know it is out in the middle of no where and majority of the competitor base is 3-6 hours south of the venue. However, if someone has a great idea for another location for Regionals that will give us a location for SQ as well then speak up. This venue may not be central Cali but, it is central West Coast and in the spirit of competition I would like to see the West Coast as a whole region on the map so we can actually have an official multi-org Finals venue out here one year.

How much are you guys gonna be taxing people this show?

Cuz this heads up did give us time to gather funds but we need to know all of our expenses.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

How much are you guys gonna be taxing people this show?

Cuz this heads up did give us time to gather funds but we need to know all of our expenses.

WOW!!!! taxes REALLY.......

OK, I'll put out all the fees out for you. As I can only speak for dB DRag and MECA offically for this event and all our events here is what the fees will be.

1X

$25 Non-Members

$20 Members

2X

$50 Non-Members

$40 Members

3X

$75 Non-Members

$50 Members

Now we have been doing buy 3 get 1 free but, awards for this event has not been worked out yet. Futhermore, IDBL and Bass Boxing may have completely different fees as well as we are currently not sanctioned to host these events.

I do agree, we have only a few competitors down here, and none are willing to drive to compete. 'cept me lol.

I'm willing to drive...

In a trailer towing my car LOL.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Archived