Just a quick and simple build for a friend of mine ..... (3930k, SLi 670's, etc.. )

Only thing I see that I don't like is the 1.47v vcore but if that's the mobo overclocking it for you then it did it's job and got you the highest overclock it could.

Have fun wiring up them GPUs! Make sure you run it through Heaven or 3DMark and post results!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Only thing I see that I don't like is the 1.47v vcore but if that's the mobo overclocking it for you then it did it's job and got you the highest overclock it could.

Have fun wiring up them GPUs! Make sure you run it through Heaven or 3DMark and post results!

HUH? I manually entered some quick OC settings..... I entered in 1.465 (with heavy LLC which = 1.47 under load) set VCCIO, SA, etc... voltages and rebooted... and to my surprise it posted.. 5ghz across 6 cores and only using 1.47v, is a damn good chip, even if it isnt stable.... see what im saying? Sandy Bridge E is an amazing platform. Ive spent the last 20hours or so playing and setting things up, and the rapid response from the OS is nice and crisp (of course that has a lot to do with the SSD) I ran Stress prime95 64bit version on "blend" for that last 5-6hours while streaming youtube, and downloading updates.... No slow down what so ever. This was all done at the stock speeds ( :( ) but like I said before, this isnt my PC and can only do what the owner wants! Highest temp in a 74f ambient room was 58c under 100% load. Pretty damn good HSF combo i must say.

All in all, this was a very fun build, and cant wait for the gpus to get here

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Oh, just to let you know, many games and programs actually perform better with HT disabled. Test test test test! :(

You do realize the Pentium4 days are over right?

Yes.

These CPU's are hyper threaded, you know?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Oh, just to let you know, many games and programs actually perform better with HT disabled. Test test test test! :(

Yes.

He wasn't saying HT doesn't exist anymore.

Leaving HT on newer processors is much more beneficial than it used to be.

Keep it enabled.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Yes.

Keep it enabled.

Newls1 is a member at another forum I also frequent.. HT works for some things yes, but you need to test if it is beneficial for the program you are intending to use it with still.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Yes.

Keep it enabled.

Newls1 is a member at another forum I also frequent.. HT works for some things yes, but you need to test if it is beneficial for the program you are intending to use it with still.

Are there any video editing or rendering softwares you know of that perform better with HT disabled?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Yes.

Keep it enabled.

Are there any video editing or rendering softwares you know of that perform better with HT disabled?

Archicad/Lightworks: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Multiprocessing

Depends if you are using CPU accelerated or GPU accelerated rendering mostly though. Legacy X87 instructions are the major culprit in either case.

When using CPU only then HT helps for the most part due to lesser amounts of X87 that are used. If a GPU is being used then the windows threading management engine basically falls flat on its face. This is why many games accrue such poor performance increases even when programmed to make use of 3+ threads for quadcore CPU's for example.

I'm confused here, whats bad about saying to test your target program for performance benefits with certain hardware configurations?

Hammerdown... 1%

Yes.

Keep it enabled.

Archicad/Lightworks: http://www.archicadw...Multiprocessing

Depends if you are using CPU accelerated or GPU accelerated rendering mostly though. Legacy X87 instructions are the major culprit in either case.

When using CPU only then HT helps for the most part due to lesser amounts of X87 that are used. If a GPU is being used then the windows threading management engine basically falls flat on its face. This is why many games accrue such poor performance increases even when programmed to make use of 3+ threads for quadcore CPU's for example.

I'm confused here, whats bad about saying to test your target program for performance benefits with certain hardware configurations?

I just don't think it'll make much of a difference at all in a build like this. 6C/12T and 3 670's will RIP through rendering. I doubt you'd ever see much of any change enabling or disabling HyperThreading. It'll cut down on heat, it'll allow more applications to run concurrently. The i7's HT is far more efficient than the P4's. For the investment of testing both options I sincerely think it'd just be a waste of time.

wtf is lolcats?

Awesome looking machine Sir ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch