8's in the doors of a Tahoe? sure why not. Rebuild time.

Are they attached to the metal of the door? Or just the panel? I am looking to do something similar.

Guess you found it eh Ken???.. This was the thread I was speakin of. I saw your post, and in the mean time,... I was spanking to this thread.... Fucking definition of killer eh????.., such great work from some select cats here... I can't get enough...(wish I could hear it)

Edit- hey man, I did say I bring nothing to the table at times... So,sorry if I miss led you as welI,.. I probably mentioned something crazy off topic, but I just though the world of it.. Cheers.. (beer buzz started early today)

thanks ;)

Naw dude,

Thank you, thanks for sharing your stuff, and LETTING us check it out. Theres a handful of you clowns on here, that, just do it in a way that changes the way everyone else thinks. And i just dig it. Can i ask?

Did they turn out ok? with the air space provided? or will you go back and seal off? Did you have to dampen like a mother? Ya know, just the normal boring shit from a clown with jaw dropped. I do the same thing to some others on here,...... just bug the shit outta them....

They sound great. He's on his way over after work to add a little deadner to the door skins to help on the door flex ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

They sound great. He's on his way over after work to add a little deadner to the door skins to help on the door flex ;)

Cool,.. very cool... can i ask where is the Band and/or Xover point(s) you got off of it?

The deadner im sure was not even a option, lol ,... id love to hear something like that. Anyway, nice job man, really great job. You, Ray, and a couple others make me sick..... :rockwoot: Keep it up...

they are powered by a 2ch amp off the rear RCA outs on the deck. The Low pass on the amp is all the way up to 250 and the deck's EQ drops off @ 80. Little higher then I had hoped but really adds a nice impact to the front stage. Brings in all that everyone hops a comp set could and more.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 2 months later...

I just put 8s in my door and had some questions so you did open up the original 6.5 cutout ? And are they free air ? I'm Gona cut mine up a bit and actually stick and enclosure behind them

i did do some trimming to fit the magnets. Right now they are freeair in the door. They seam to work pretty well like that too.

• 4 years later...

Time to bring this one back from the dead.  This time we decided to do the 8's in a sealed box, while upgrading to the pro 6.5's 

Basically shooting for everything to fit like this.

IMG_20170204_1618278_zpsndowzner.jpg

Some quick rings made

IMG_20170206_1801557_zpsmxiqzcjg.jpg

The box section in the door was shaped to match the contour of the door skin and inner panel. Simple little stak fab action.

IMG_20170212_1222541_zps8owiq8hj.jpg

Upper section of the sub box.

IMG_20170206_1925151_zps2lixvppl.jpg

Filled in.

IMG_20170210_1858599_zpsaw4az0xy.jpg

Quick test fit.

IMG_20170212_1222429_zpsddpuoolg.jpg

Now to stack some rings for depth. The way the door panel slides on, this part has to be removable

IMG_20170212_1709189_zps5ndiuvf3.jpg

IMG_20170212_1704000_zps33hi6omk.jpg

IMG_20170213_1749310_zpsuahja40a.jpg

IMG_20170213_1751190_zpsqttxkndn.jpg

IMG_20170223_1902034_zpsguo9t6ux.jpg

IMG_20170223_1903253_zpsvammkiqe.jpg

IMG_20170223_1903310_zps9yd3aozq.jpg

Baffle is ready to bolt to the box.

IMG_20170225_1053042_zpsx7qrozyd.jpg

Once in, its time to fill the gaps.

IMG_20170225_1221117_zpsq2jdfxfa.jpg

Makin shop bitch do the dirty work 

IMG_20170225_1231442_zpssglrhchq.jpg

IMG_20170228_1822546_zpsfsi8attx.jpg

Little bit of cleaning

IMG_20170303_1918363_zpslqltbufk.jpg

IMG_20170304_1220044_zpsnzm5zkme.jpg

IMG_20170304_1220218_zpswi7sarkk.jpg

Quick suede wrap and shes done. The trim is held on by screws under the lip of the 6 ;)

IMG_20170305_1505328_zpsxhhkotw2.jpg

IMG_20170305_1107335_zps6rvssxxv.jpg

IMG_20170305_1107195_zps4exwfr7x.jpg

Sealing these off was exactly what was needed. They get busy now.

Archived