Sonic Electronix

dont get mad, but its because you want to run twice the rms to a sub. and with you asking how to wire a single sub up to an amp to get a desired ohm load, leads me (and cjn) to believe that you wont really know how to tune the amp/headunit settings either. so dirty power will likely smoke that sub in a few weeks/days depending on how bad it is. or that you wont know where to find a good ground, or using too small a wire for anything.

Thats what I was thinking

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy, he's going to blow some shit up.

How ?

well man that sub u have is 600 watts and your amp @ 2ohm is 1200watts so u will pop that 15 fast... that would be if your sub is a dvc 4

if your sub is a dvc 2 you can run the sub @ 1ohm on the amp but that's 1700 watts on that sub thats 600watts lol

if your sub is a dvc 4ohm you can put the + from on side of the sub to the other side on the + and same with the - to make it a 2OHM on your amp, if you run the + on one side to the - on the other side of the sub will be a 8ohm sub.

now if its a dvc 2ohm sub + from one side to the other side same with - with make it a 1ohm on your amp..... and if u run + to - on the other side of the sub u will get a 4 ohm on your amp.

got it? u need a a dvc 2ohm sub so that u can run it @ 4ohm that way u dont pop the sub by over powering.

Edited by sbg

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

If you have a dmm you also may want to verify the ohm load is the same for both subs after you finish wiring them in parallel. I think though if the sub can only handle 600 watts rms, at 2 ohms the amp supposedly puts out 1200, at 4 ohm the amp puts out 600. I would wire series parallel for a 4 ohm load. Oops forgot they were dual 4 ohms, pretty much wire in parallel then to 2 ohms and be careful volume knob.

Edited by bassface

this guy, he's going to blow some shit up.

How ?

well man that sub u have is 600 watts and your amp @ 2ohm is 1200watts so u will pop that 15 fast... that would be if your sub is a dvc 4

if your sub is a dvc 2 you can run the sub @ 1ohm on the amp but that's 1700 watts on that sub thats 600watts lol

if your sub is a dvc 4ohm you can put the + from on side of the sub to the other side on the + and same with the - to make it a 2OHM on your amp, if you run the + on one side to the - on the other side of the sub will be a 8ohm sub.

now if its a dvc 2ohm sub + from one side to the other side same with - with make it a 1ohm on your amp..... and if u run + to - on the other side of the sub u will get a 4 ohm on your amp.

got it? u need a a dvc 2ohm sub so that u can run it @ 4ohm that way u dont pop the sub by over powering.

sa line can take more then 600 rms if you know what you are doing

yeah, IF

I definetly understand what everyone is saying I figured if I keep everything as in gains and all that down I'd be fine...

yeah you can do that, but then i can see you wanting to turn the gain up little by little, wanting to get louder

I know how to tune stuff generally but now u guys got me scared lol I just wanna make sure everything is right where should the phase be goes up to 180 and bass eq sub sonic level and low pass I know u guys probably won't know with out doing it here but just generally

yeah, IF

I definetly understand what everyone is saying I figured if I keep everything as in gains and all that down I'd be fine...

yeah you can do that, but then i can see you wanting to turn the gain up little by little, wanting to get louder

"IF" lol

I know how to tune stuff generally but now u guys got me scared lol I just wanna make sure everything is right where should the phase be goes up to 180 and bass eq sub sonic level and low pass I know u guys probably won't know with out doing it here but just generally

exactly what im talking about. you dont really know what any of the settings do or where they should go.

edit: just cause someone else overpowered a sub, doesnt mean you can

Edited by Kranny