okay im really just puzzled at this point when i turn my truck off i have so much more gas then when i turn it back on the next time.

its like someone takes my gas when i park but its does not happen.

i know a lot of things are factors of gas mileage so i will state below things i have done to my 22re

PCV Valve , Harmonic Balance , Belts , Fuel Filter , Fuel Pump , Fuel Tank , Plugs Wires , Cap , Oil change , Air Filter , Battery , Thermostat , Master Cylinder/Brakes , 17" rims , low profile tires , a piece to the gear shifter , Radiator Cap , Gas Cap , Sending Unit.

sea foamed the engine and honestly i got better gas mileage when it was running rough then now i feel like the timing is off a little but if it is its a little under not over so it idles pretty low also i had a problem with the fan clutch so i bypassed the clutch and it runs constantly now.

I Have pictures of all parts and and engine and can take more if needed ill be checking this post a lot.

ps. i also drive pretty low idle so im not just burning it like crazy

Edited by LT.Smoke

If your fans are always running then there may be a burnt out relay or fan speed control switch that is going batty... I had to replace relays in my Impala for the fans not running properly between that and the combo of my thermostat going bad

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

i had a problem with the fan clutch so i bypassed the clutch and it runs constantly now.

There's your issue...

Without the fan clutch your fan is creating a much higher drag on your motor.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

If your fans always on theres one issue, also, just because your not reving high while driving, doesnt mean your getting good mpg

If your fans are always running then there may be a burnt out relay or fan speed control switch that is going batty... I had to replace relays in my Impala for the fans not running properly between that and the combo of my thermostat going bad

if you read right he has a clutch fan and just removed the clutch. i think he has a mechanical fan which they do rob HP and hurts gas mileage

i had a problem with the fan clutch so i bypassed the clutch and it runs constantly now.

There's your issue...

Without the fan clutch your fan is creating a much higher drag on your motor.

ninja >.<

You said it is like someone is stealing your gas....

Does your vehicle have a vented fuel tank / system? Or call for a vented gas cap? If the gas cap isn't vented, then check to see if it is vented somewhere else. If you have a vent that is stopped up with grime, mud, bugs, etc... it could be pressurizing and pushing fuel out instead of venting off like it is supposed to.

I've seen this madness happen. Nearly drove me crazy looking for it once.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i got a vented gas tank and a vented gas cap both are brand new.

i thought so with the fan clutch as well but problem happened way after the fan clutch ( fix for the fan )

edit also just to clarify some things 91 22re are not very technical engines everything is pretty much mechanical ( sept for fuel injection and basic electrical and the computer that adjust the idle from 0 to -6 degrees.

Edited by Relyks

locking gas cap . checking vent is a good idea too . gas gauges are not that accurate always . i had something like this happening with my malibu , and in addition to all i would have it not want to take gas when i would go to put gas in , almost like the anti siphon was jammed . started not filling it up seemed to make a difference for the better . still somewhat puzzled as to what may have been happening . staypuffed has a good theory about building presser and forcing gas out somewhere .

if you think some one is stealing your gas , get a gamecamera .