Sundown Audio

Test: Sundown Saz-1500d Vs Rf T10001bd

Derrick824

so for the future, the tests are going to follow the (sold as a ????watt) amp at ??0hms right. if an amp lists 1500@1 then it must not be tested against 1500@2 and etc. and we do apreciate these tests just try to make it sound more equal so there will only be grattitude for the info and not a "My dad can kick your dads ass complex" that was displayed throughout the thread. EXAMPLE i would not put my powerbd1500.1 against my T1500 becouse they were rated at diff loads. If i hooked up the old one at 1.3 against the new one at that same load... see the problem ;)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

This has been a fascinating thread to read.... It is possible to have a RF boner at Sundown ? Or a GF boner at sun up cause your girl is messing with you early in the morning and not be concerned with any amp at the moment? :)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

This has been a fascinating thread to read.... It is possible to have a RF boner at Sundown ? Or a GF boner at sun up cause your girl is messing with you early in the morning and not be concerned with any amp at the moment? :)

now thats funny haha, not funny muh muh

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Can we all just get along... :)

It's interesting to see tests done on the products that are important to our wonderful hobby!!! Yes, Sundown is more efficient but were talking about power amps here... Bottom line, if your into head cracking bass, then you need power!!! TONS of it, it's also kinda unfair, IMO, to put the RF T1000 against the Sundown 1500s... Imagine comparing a Manufacturer rated 1000 watt amp against a 1500, on the other side a $700 to a $600 amp. That's why I would like to see, if possible, in the future amp match based on MSRP/power rating range!!! I'm talking match up, for example a test subject, let's say a Fi BL 15... I have a budget of $500, 1000, or even higher, which amp would you guys consider buying!!! I mean not all of us can afford a RF T15k, so help us less fortunate beings spend our hard earned cash wisely... It's exciting to see a forum that has interesting topics, great infos and best of all, the BEST FORUM MEMBERS who are willing to share knowledge, experience and time!!! MORE POWER to Steve!!! SMD for LIFE!!!

BTW, I'm considering gettin Solid Audio amps, can you guys run a test match between Sundown, Hifonics, Kole and Solid Audio... watts will be at the 1500 range, budget is $650 max... Thanx in advance guys... :):):)

Archived