Sundown Audio

need amp opinions

MD7786

you burnt a tinsel lead because theres NOT enough power? HUH?! with that theory, everyones speakers would be blown by playing them at half volume. you were probably clipping the sub.

i wouldn't really get neither the hifonics or the shitpipe.

whats your budget? what is the ohm load you're looking to wire at?

i'd honestly just stick with the JL amp, since thats the highest quality amp of the other two brands you're looking at (by fucking light years). you just need to get it tuned properly

the hifonics might be alright, i really wouldnt go with an ap amp, but thats just myself..id rather go with an mb quart 1500.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

The AP will probably be cheaper and work fine. The Brutus will...well work fine. Neither are outstanding amps but they will make your sub move.

My vote goes for the AP, they're tough little bastards. I've personally seen one put through absolute hell before it blew.

EDIT: Fuck me why are you replacing a Slash series with an entry level amp? If the tinsel lead was burnt that's overpowering period so more power is not what you need. Now if it tore or ripped then that's a different problem.

Edited by aN-i-No

Well that's what I was told. The lead had shitty signal to it and burnt it. I'm positive it was clipping but can't find n e one that knows shit enough yo help me adjust and no dd1 or o scope. Used dmm to set amp but need help with settings. Was just told i need a bigger amp to push it. And personally I love the amp I have. Maybe strap another on?

The AP will probably be cheaper and work fine. The Brutus will...well work fine. Neither are outstanding amps but they will make your sub move.

My vote goes for the AP, they're tough little bastards. I've personally seen one put through absolute hell before it blew.

EDIT: Fuck me why are you replacing a Slash series with an entry level amp? If the tinsel lead was burnt that's overpowering period so more power is not what you need. Now if it tore or ripped then that's a different problem.

See and I thought it was torn or ripped but didn't know how just 1 out of 4 whoilr have Ben. I can post a pic but don't know how.

See and I thought it was torn or ripped but didn't know how just 1 out of 4 whoilr have Ben. I can post a pic but don't know how.

Well that's what I was told. The lead had shitty signal to it and burnt it. I'm positive it was clipping but can't find n e one that knows shit enough yo help me adjust and no dd1 or o scope. Used dmm to set amp but need help with settings. Was just told i need a bigger amp to push it. And personally I love the amp I have. Maybe strap another on?

so you want to get another amp...to solve for clipping. re read what you wrote and realize how absurd that sounds.

take a clear picture of the settings side of your amp. go to www.imgur.com upload picture, copy the code that has IMG in it. just copy and paste into a reply box on here.

Edited by Kranny