1st box build attempt for my type R 10. All done!

Turned out good. I think 20 sq in of port is way to much though.

I was trying to go by the guideline I keep seeing of 12-16 sq in per cu ft, I'm at about 14. It may very well be too much, I'm no expert. At least it sounds good to me.

isn't 1.4 cube a little high for a 10? anyway I like the box, I tried to do my box like yours but my paint go all scuffed up because the box slid all aaround until I got a false floor. looks good, I wish I had those clamps when I did my box

Check out Harbor Freight for clamps, I got em cheap as hell. Not top quality but they get the job done. I'm gonna go back for more actually

Just flipped the box around so it's firing back. The box sounds BEAST. I'm just gonna go run unnecessary errands so I can listen, it hits so much lower and deeper than the old box. Since I listen to mostly rap and dubstep/electronica (I know, I know, I'm 27 but I don't think I'll ever grow up!) thats exactly what I wanted. Thx for the comments, guys.

• 1 month later...

Update: Made a new amp rack, tried to make it smaller, cleaner, and able to mount semi-vertically to back of box. Didn't take many pictures of this but here they are nonetheless...

IMG_0489.jpg

Simple rectangular piece, two strips of mdf underneath to allow for some space under the rack for wires. Slapped some cheap carpet on it.

IMG_0491.jpg

Crammed everything a little closer together

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Mounted to back of box

IMG_0499.jpg

Got about an extra 8" trunk space out if it, well worth the time and looks cleaner IMO.

Only thing left to do (for now) is to get some sort of grill on the sub so I can use the extra trunk space w/ peace of mind.

Thats all for now, thanks for looking!

Thanks man. It was indeed my first box build, but I've played around w/ various other woodworking projects in the past. Off topic, but for example:

Didn't want to spend $200 on a tv stand so built this outta MDF

IMG_0634.jpg

And built this message center for my GF

IMG_0635.jpg

The more you do them, the more you pick up little tricks and tips. Goes faster every time. I'd love to get a router to get a little more detail work done, but thats for another day...

Thanks for looking!

Just flipped the box around so it's firing back. The box sounds BEAST. I'm just gonna go run unnecessary errands so I can listen, it hits so much lower and deeper than the old box. Since I listen to mostly rap and dubstep/electronica (I know, I know, I'm 27 but I don't think I'll ever grow up!) thats exactly what I wanted. Thx for the comments, guys.

fuckin' el oh el. I do that all the time. It make me wanna DD for my friends during parties too so that I can scare the shit out of unexpected passengers :P

looks good , and it looks like you know your way around building things pretty well, give your self some more credit and don't doubt your self so much