Sundown Audio

what size box and port do i need for maximun sa 8 v2 sound

Both designs subs and port go back, might have to get a little creative with the 4 and have them on a diagonal plane. Kind of like // so be 2 on the upper part of the baffle and 2 on the lower portion of the baffle.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

• 2 weeks later...

Anything above 2net is fine but 2.4would have been better and with that style box 42sq" of port is what I would have tried for,

But if that's all you have, than that's all you can use,

The 8's are a tight fit, but fit well inthe space,

You could do a single port but then the subs will be staggered, and you many not like the look,

I just built up a box for a pair of them, a little over a cube each, with 40 sq" of port tuned to 34, they can dig down into mid 20s. they are powered by and NS1 and can take the amp around tuning, but under it i have to back it off a bit. but when a box closer to .6 each they could take the full power mechanically on anything.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Anything above 2net is fine but 2.4would have been better and with that style box 42sq" of port is what I would have tried for,

But if that's all you have, than that's all you can use,

The 8's are a tight fit, but fit well inthe space,

You could do a single port but then the subs will be staggered, and you many not like the look,

so what if i go higher with the box will that bring the net to 2.4 and will it be sufficient or close to .6 each subs

thanks guys for all your help subs is on orber what amp should i get

I bought a pre-fab box( too lazy to build one and I'm on a budget) made out of 3/4 mdf and each cell is .5 or 1 cubic ft. Is this ok?

Edited by iCool247

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

I bought a pre-fab box( too lazy to build one and I'm on a budget) made out of 3/4 mdf and each cell is .5 or 1 cubic ft. Is this ok?

People here tend to not like prefab boxes (for good reason)

Edited by Maebros
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

you can often build a custom box for the same price as a prefab,

the only prefab, i ever recommend are the ones supplied by the sub manufacture, if you have no skills or tools to build, and even then a poorly made custom box will cream it

This box was $30, if I made my own, I'd spend more than $30.... I just wondering if the size of box would suit the subs ok. I'm going to make my own box in the future I just wanted something now. Sooo is 1 cubic ft ok for each sub?

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2: