All music is clipped?!?

I been using this to "fix" my music tonight, not sure if it will make the sound worse/quieter/not hit as hard, find out in the am tom. Hopefully this guide is right... Really not taking me as long as I thought, after 40 tracks, im wizing right through them... lol

Without watching that vid, it looks like one that was posted a while back, as far as i know Decaf made a couple posts and stated you couldn't remove clipping, because it just quiets down the clipping, leaving the waveform (?) unaffected. I wish I could find those threads, a lot of useful info in them.

I been using this to "fix" my music tonight, not sure if it will make the sound worse/quieter/not hit as hard, find out in the am tom. Hopefully this guide is right... Really not taking me as long as I thought, after 40 tracks, im wizing right through them... lol

Without watching that vid, it looks like one that was posted a while back, as far as i know Decaf made a couple posts and stated you couldn't remove clipping, because it just quiets down the clipping, leaving the waveform (?) unaffected. I wish I could find those threads, a lot of useful info in them.

everytime I used audacity to remove clipping it made the wave triangular or just all kinds of misshaped.... if you zoom in the see the individual sine wave you can see it

Edited by jrchevy87

Yea, Decaf actually talked about this specific video. You can't remove clipping because clipping is essentially loss of data so you can't remove something already lost. And in this video, all he is doing is changing how loud the bass is pretty much, clipping is completely still present. It's taken me almost 3 years to finally START to figure out how to make a song that I probably wouldn't play to be playable. Example: look at Decafs' version of My Sub & then look & the original.

I'll try to take some screenshots when I can.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

Well that video actually tells you to adjust the waveform in the equalizer setting, something about it will rebuild and reshape it to remove the square wave. Im just trying to learn how I can fix and mix up all of my music to my liking without ever having to worry about a "bad" signal right from the source ya know...

Anybody who has musical experience, experience doing this type of thing to music mind chiming in and maybe linking a guide or "how to" ??

that feature of red lines indicates the data reaching or exceeding 0dB, it does not define how far past 0dB. that is how you determine severity of clipping.

compression of an audio file can result in that feature turning an entire song red, or it could really be horrendous boosting by a uneducated producer causing the red.

either way, looking at the waveform by zooming in 10-14X will help shed light on if the music will be detrimental once amplified

TeamSundown-sig.jpg