I remember the days when someone had audio installed professionally and if they ever had an issue with the install, they just went back to the shop to have them look at it and correct the issues.

I guess the thing to do nowadays is to make a video and complain all over the internet before ever addressing the installer in person.

it'll be hard for the installer to fill those gigantic fucking holes he drilled unnecessarily into the car. i see zipties, too

I know, I guess I'm one to just go to the person face to face first, whether they can fix it or not, even just to vent on them. That way, they'd at least get more of the point that they did a no-no

Not that I disagree with what your saying because the best way to solve a problem you have with someone is to take it right to that person. That being said I think he did take it to the shop before posting the video. I don't know but that was the way It sounded to me.

I also don't think it was a KOB hack job but a random shop that did the same shitty work that KOB tried to pass off on J-pedo??

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

granted there are some fucked up things in this but some of that could have been due to his lack of knowledge. like those blown speakers. yep that could have been him. wiring all pulled ot the side. same thing. This is why I spend my own time working on my own stuff. Shit like this doesnt happen and the only person I can say boo to about it is the guy in the mirror.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

that seems pretty stupid to me...basically he is saying he spent $5k to get that setup put in and apparently didnt go over it with a fine tooth comb before driving it home..then having problems with it..only to call about it and then post a video bitching about everything....Jesus what do people expect...if you let somebody have free reign to do what they want with your vehicle then expect fucked up shit like this to happen...

by the way the setup was shown...it looks like he handed over the keys and a credit card number..and said " do whatever you want, as long as its loud"

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I would like to say that since I know him and talk to him personally on a regular basis. The shop was given multiple chances to correct the issues and never could get it straight. So he decided to pull everything out himself and cut his loses on it. The box was done incorrectly for sure and it wasn't braced properly. Most of the wiring was pretty bad as well. Multiple speakers weren't hooked up. Its a lot of stuff that never got done right the first time and the shop would never correct the issues. He didn't mess with anything at after the install was done as to my knowledge. Furthermore KOB didn't do the job but I will not say the name of the shop. Given its not my place to speak ill of them cause it wasn't my truck nor did I have anything to do with it. I just wanted to clarify a few things about the job and what I know.

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

How are lawsuits not files over this?

Like they shop sold the poor guy a pair of blown speakers... wtf?

He clearly didn't know enough to build what he wanted to himself, which is why he went to a shop. But how hard is it for a man to be a man and either do the work right, or turn the customer down? Because the installer doesn't look capable either.

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-400x250.jpg

P.S. the thread title should prolly be changed, since this situation seems to have nothing to do with KOB.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

This guy is legit, putting words in his mouth, and making up things, does not make it right.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

This guy is legit, putting words in his mouth, and making up things, does not make it right.

i understand you are upset about it dude i would be too but 1 people are always gonna talk shit its what they do why get your panties in a bunch over it. 2 even if it was fucked up and you were "trying to do people a favor" you're really not helping expecially when you dont name the shop. i just dont see the need to make a video about it

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Archived