Can I bitch for a min about the internet, local shops, and wire???

i wish companies would actually use the awg standard. like instead of a company saying their wire is over-sized 1/0, just say its 2/0, and if a company is claiming 1/0 and is actually 4 gauge, just say it's 4 gauge.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

It is now just Metra at least that is what it is branded as in Best buy, I haven't worked there in 3-4 years so a ton of things have changed for sure but I am sure you can get 12-18ga ofc there no doubt. Home theater will sell Acoustic Research or Monster. If it has a Magnolias then it will always have ofc for their stuff, but that is $$$ he wasn't trying to spend and I understand that. But their brand Dynex and Rocketfish is sold in every store. So Rocketfish 16ga 30' spool is like 20-30 bucks thats a ton of money for 16ga.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+30%27+Spool+Speaker+Cable+-+Clear/8315423.p?id=1174694191741&skuId=8315423&st=speaker%20wire&cp=5&lp=5

that is available is every store i would bet.

Edited by 05 obs

Don't know about who makes it but I've seen and or have some Raptor and Tsunami 1/0. The Raptor is smaller conductor than most and the Tsunami is actually pretty large. You guys are going to make me bust out my 75lb wire box and take pics now arent you.....

Ok i exaggerate but its a big box of spare wire.

Edited by miklgagne

This is where I am glad I have firefold about 10 minutes from me, they carry everything you need as far as home theater. So speaker wire is no prob, hdmi, coax, anything. But if you dont have that luxury it hurts. Ohh and as far as Best Buy all stores should carry the metra wire, not the greatest but its ofc. Just checked shows available in all Detroit MI stores.

Seriously? I asked the stupid guy working there. He was just not very helpfull. Oh well, it's done now. That 16ga cca is not the worst wire I've ever used, so it worked. But if for some reason (please never) I run into this again, I will def check it out. I did just look at it on the BB site, and that would have worked fine if someone would have tried to sell it to me lol

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...

Don't know about who makes it but I've seen and or have some Raptor and Tsunami 1/0. The Raptor is smaller conductor than most and the Tsunami is actually pretty large. You guys are going to make me bust out my 75lb wire box and take pics now arent you.....

Ok i exaggerate but its a big box of spare wire.

Lets see some pics ;) I've looked at some pretty poor quality raptor wire on youtube

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...

Title name change no cursing..this is ur warning .....and my warning for giving u a warning o_0

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.