We have all helped to kill the local dealers...

Headunits, subs, speakers, amps... It does not matter, its all car audio. If your saying its true about amps, you can not say that it is not true about headunits...

Like I said, you should not be made about the online retailer selling for less than your online site on some items.

As you said, the one particular company said "once you spend $20,000 on product you can go ahead and do the same". Until than this online retailer has spent that kind of money, and you have not.

If this audio manufacture was so concerned with the online retailer selling it cheaper, they simply would cut ties with that retailer and never sell them product again... But they dont, and that retailer still offers product cheaper than you.

Money talks, business is there to make money, not lose money (which is hard to do in the economy).

You talk about honor, and you support these companies that are not doing things like allowing other retailers to sell for less, however your pushing that same brand for more money, and coming on a public forum basicly throwing a fit over it, because their pricing is cheaper than yours....

I bet this audio company can give a crap about you being a retailer, authorized dealer, or whatever. At the end of the day your not moving the volume the other online retailer is, or making anywhere near the money for the said company like the other online retailer is.

You say its hard for companies to walk away from money especially in a case like this where that retailer you accuse of selling for under dealer cost is, hell 20grand is a nice chunk of change..

But if this audio company cared and put honor back in their name they could very easily stop it!! Dont say they cant because it has been done time and time again.

Digital Designs for example has cancelled selling product to many authorized dealers because those dealers sold online, on forums, or even on ebay. We have gotten accused of it before when I sold off a bunch of my old dd product when I switched to Sundown, and Ascendant. However this product was sold to me long before our shop was even an authorized dealer. But we almost lost the contract because some idiot reporting it to DD.

For a long time (about 6 years ago when the merger happened) RE Audio was another good company that did nothing about their products being sold online. Their site even had a Disclaimer that said something like "there are no authorized retailers of RE Audio on the internet and all sales are illegal and have no warranties, and to buy your RE product from your local dealer" however they did nothing to stop the online sales, I even remember that usampsgreg always preached this too, and got highly mad when someone bought from a online retailer, but the company itself never appeared to do anything to stop this. And now, well these same online comapnies are actual authorized online retailers according to their website.

Again, money talks. So dont be mad because 1 online retailer that spent 20grand on a buy in and can get away with selling product way cheaper without the company caring, Be mad at that said company, hell maybe not even offer their product if you cant or wont sell it cheaper.. Because most wont buy the amp from you when they can get it $200+ cheaper on another online retailer!!

Onto the whole Dealer cost and Distributors pricing you bring up...

Of coarse this online retailers price maybe cheaper than your distributors price, but theirs a simple reason for that. That is because they are a distributor... LOL If the said online retailer is buying direct from the company their prices are going to be much cheaper than your prices buying from a said distributor that buys product factory direct, than sells it for more to other shops or smaller online retailers like you.. I have never once seen a distributors price cheaper than an actual factory authorized dealer price. They are 2 different things with 2 different prices. If your shop/store has the income to make some of these companies buy-ins to become an actual authorized dealer of their product your going to get product way way way cheaper than ordering thru a distributor.

However, most shops or small online stores dont have this type of income, so many places are not actual factory direct dealers, they order from a said distributor.

That distributor is getting those cheaper prices that you could be getting yourself if you where a auth dealer, but because 1 reason or another you are not going that way. Your paying an added cost due to that middleman of which is your distributor. I know the shop Ive worked for goes thru a few distbutiors, but are a factory direct Alpine and DD authorized dealer. However the distributors being used also carry alpine and their price is much higher than factory direct. AM Distributing, Keystone, AAMP, SelectProducts and SantaFe Distributing are the main distributors being used.

Either way, its not the online retailers that hurt local shops.

Its a combination of the companies that allow their product to be whored out online screwing their actual authorized dealers of many years while not doing nothing about it because their sales are going thru the roof, and that many shops have not changed their ways to be competitive with some of these online companies.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are just supporting exactly what I was saying lol Right in this quote here

"Its a combination of the companies that allow their product to be whored out online screwing their actual authorized dealers of many years while not doing nothing about it because their sales are going thru the roof, and that many shops have not changed their ways to be competitive with some of these online companies."

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

But you are made because another retailer offers lower pricing than you do on the same product....

There for why you brought up the said site partner...

when you should be mad at the actual audio company that gives little to none about your small orders and lets the bigger guys that make them money get away with murder...

But you are made because another retailer offers lower pricing than you do on the same product....

There for why you brought up the said site partner...

when you should be mad at the actual audio company that gives little to none about your small orders and lets the bigger guys that make them money get away with murder...

No, I am not mad, I have accepted that the way business is done is to use your money when you have it. And its all parties that are at fault, not just those particular manufacturers.

If I was mad I would be writing articles about what I know.

But instead I am devising plans to work around it.

As I said, one issue is the inability or non interest of the retailer to evolve and utilize the internet. I do not have that inability or unwillingness.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion