Sonic Electronix

i need someone to give me a ported box design for 2 kicker cvr 12 dual 2 ohm im kind of a noob and iv looked all over for a program that gave me specs and measurement but not eactly what i want i would like a box tuned to about 35hz with seperate chambers and the ports in the center of the box im limited to 13 high by 42 wide

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and your asking for such services for free??

seriously there are 5 diff programs online you can use

There is free programs but he still would have to learn how to use them... and I'm sure you never asked for help on here either huh?

Give the man a break.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I'm sure there are programs but apparently I have yet to find them so if someone could point me in the direction of a good reputatble program that would be great something like rebox calculator I went there they did not give me thE design I was looking for

I'm sure there are programs but apparently I have yet to find them so if someone could point me in the direction of a good reputatble program that would be great something like rebox calculator I went there they did not give me thE design I was looking for

post on the subwoofer/exclosure portion of the forums and there are plenty of people who will provide you with a box and a cut sheet for free :D

good luck man its fun!

and dont forget to add your depth they need to know that aswell.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

try downloading the torres box calculator. try to design a box and post screen caps on the area that @HunterJohnson mentioned. You should get some input from other people on what to change around in your screen cap. It's like any program, once you learn how to use it, it can become very useful

i need someone to give me a ported box design for 2 kicker cvr 12 dual 2 ohm im kind of a noob and iv looked all over for a program that gave me specs and measurement but not eactly what i want i would like a box tuned to about 35hz with seperate chambers and the ports in the center of the box im limited to 13 high by 42 wide

The separate chamber design is larger and heavier and has no significant advantages over the common chamber unless you are using independent amplifiers and want to avoid careful gain matching, for free I can submit you a box I did for another member a while ago:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz

Vb = 4.5 ft^3

External Height = 13 in

External Width = 42 in

External Depth = 23 in

Port Width = 5 3/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 35 1/2 x 11 1/2

Front Internal = 34 x 11 1/2

Back = 42 x 11 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 21 1/2 x 11 1/2

Side 2 = 22 1/4 x 11 1/2

Top & Bottom = 42 x 23

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 15 3/4 x 11 1/2

Sample-dualbaffle2.png

Hope it helps.

EDIT: I use a double layer baffle for this box type and it does not hurt performance in any way, is not strictly necessary for those subs but it will be useful in case you upgraded subs, if you want a single layer baffle version of the box, let me know.

The separate chamber design is larger and heavier and has no significant advantages over the common chamber unless you are using independent amplifiers and want to avoid careful gain matching, for free I can submit you a box I did for another member a while ago:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz

Vb = 4.5 ft^3

External Height = 13 in

External Width = 39.25 in

External Depth = 29.25 in

Port Width = 5 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 33 x 11 1/2

Front Internal = 31 1/2 x 11 1/2

Back = 39 1/4 x 11 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 27 3/4 x 11 1/2

Side 2 = 28 1/2 x 11 1/2

Top & Bottom = 39 1/4 x 29 1/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 21 1/4 x 11 1/2

Sample-dualbaffle2.png

Hope it helps.

looks good but wouldnt that port design have agood amount of port noise? or am i just over thinking things

You may be judging by the pic which is only an assembly guide, the port is 5 1/2 inches wide and has about 14 square inches per cube of net vol.. so no port noise, however you should check if it needs to be built inside or if it fits in its way in.. common issue.

Archived