Second Skin Audio

New Subs

audioman21

Well I currently run a single Cadence 12"(3.5 c.f. tuned at 45hz) off of a Ed nine.1 @ 1 ohm. This setup is in a 2001 Chevy Malibu and is insanley loud.Afeter seein Steve's vids I came to a conclusion I need  more surface area to move more air.Which brings me to a little opinion poll if you guys don't mind.Keep in mind I like deep hitting bass,listen to mostly rap,500-600 dollar just subs buget,and I plan on keeping the Ed and running it at 1 ohm for 1200-1300 watts.Key goal is to move as much air as possible thus creating that bass thats makes you wanna crumble up in a ball when it hits.

2 Sound Splinter RL-p15"s, vented or sealed

2 Ascendant Arsenal 15"s, vented or sealed

2 Fi SSD 18"s, vented or sealed

3 Fi  X 12"s, vented or sealed

As for what car their going in is still up in the air but 99.9% sur it's gonna be a Cavalier(prolly 95-01) if not a Cavi deffinately sure something comparable in size.Therefore am not sure of cubic trunk space but most likely 6 to 7 cubes will be available to work with.I plan on using the whole trunk and taking out the bak seat.Most likely I plan on firing the subs upward with port facing the back bumper.Last but not least I really want the 18"s most of all but am not sure if it'll work with available airspace and Ed nine only being 1200 watts rms(don't want to add more batterys and bigger alt I'm too cheap).Thanks in advance guys!

Archived