Single RE SX15D2 in Scion tc, trying for small hair trick

Alright, I am not expecting much from this setup since it is going in a small car and the box dimensions will be very limited, but i am looking for whatever setups are possible. My current setup is a JBL P1222 in a 2.2 cu box ported at 33 hz467685_2434667445471_832131134_o.jpg and i feel its not enough. My first question : Can i do better with the RE SX15D2 than the jbl P1222?

My dimensions for a simple box is 36 in x 16 in x 16 in. But if i make it a more complicated shape i could push out 40x16x16. I am not just fully pushing for spl, but i do wish to have some sound quality.

If my current setup with the jbl is 33 hz and there is a little shaking, would tuning the RE SX15 lower to about 25 hz be better? there is a video with a single Kyoki (im pretty sure i misspelled it) sub and he has a moderate hairtrick going. im not out to shake houses or anything I even pull my windows up if im at stoplights, I understand i have a small car and limited working area, but what are the best box designs i can push?

the specs seem to be this for the re sx15d2:

• Electrical Q Value (Qes): 0.38
  • Mechanical Q Value (Qms): 4.7
  • Total Speaker Q Value (Qts): 0.38
  • Free Air Resonance (Fs): 27.8 Hz
  • Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 126.3 liters
  • One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax): 22 mm
  • Efficiency (SPL 1W/1m): 90.4 dB SPL
  • Effective Piston Area (Sd): 810 cm2
  • DC Resistance (Re): 1.9 ohm
  • Nominal Impedance (Znom): Dual 2 ohm
  • Thermal Power Handling (Pe): 1000 W
  • Force Factor (Bl): 21

power is not an issue for 1 sub, but all i have at the moment is the 1 re sx15d2. If the hairtrick is impossible with my setup, what would in turn be the best box, for both loudness and sq?

Bout to put in 2 21" Wardens on a taramps 8K

Perhaps i did port wrong, HunterJohnson, what is your setup in the TC tuned to? Im fairly new to subs but my JBL has a very high sensitivity rating (97 db/1 watt) and if its tuned to 33 hz i should be seeing as much flex right? or is that just based on loudness? I watched the hairtricks explanation videos and as far as i listened its all about port and sub surface area. (I also am currently taking Online classes which i have procrastinated on while researching all of this. the Re sx15d2 was a great steal on ebay so today was mainly dedicated to research). Anyway, on a song such as " I wanna by DJ Monsta" or King Kong by Chamillionaire, i get a bit of steering wheel flex, but not much visor flex, and barely any spoiler flex. And yes, i am properly powering my sub, after blowing my last i have a multimeter up front always on just in case, so i dont power too much. ( i have a BRZ 1200.1d on a 400 watt sub). but still 1 high sensitivity sub at 97 db at 1 watt, would it produce more flex, or like i stated earlier, be based on surface cone area and port area, than your setup, perhaps my box is just wank.

Well it depends on a lot of stuff but in our tC's my box is 4.4 net and aeros are 4inch diameter and 16" long. It's tuned to 27hz but peaks at 39hz. You probably peak around 48hz bc youre tuned much higher. When you're trying to do hair tricks you need to maximize your cone area to move lots of air. I'm thinking if you did 8 8's it might do some hair tricks.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Alright, just went for a little drive, visor flex- minimal, but noticeable, and steering wheel flex- quite noticeable. if i just hold a piece of paper it shakes a bit, i cant make the paper float by the window though, but i do get a small shirt trick going. and this is with the 12 inch jbl... would i be getting more "shaking" and tricks done by the 15 inch? im trying to get to the bottom of whether speaker sensitivity really plays a big role, the 12 inch is 97 dB and the 15 is 90 dB. because the re sx should arrive in a few days, im looking at possible box builds. what would be the relative port area needed? (i dont really know how to calculate port area... im just confused now)

sub up port back is a MUCH better configuration and sub and port back

yeah ive heard that before, but i have tried multiple setups wiith that box, such as sub up with port up and sub and port facing driver, and i found that both facing back was best. so for my next build i should have sub up and port back. so would you recommend Aero port or square port? does it really matter other than aero ports save space?

sub up port back is a MUCH better configuration and sub and port back

yeah ive heard that before, but i have tried multiple setups wiith that box, such as sub up with port up and sub and port facing driver, and i found that both facing back was best. so for my next build i should have sub up and port back. so would you recommend Aero port or square port? does it really matter other than aero ports save space?

I did aero bc there isnt space in our trunks. And yes if you drop your seats and run 2 15's with less sensitivity so you can push more power to your woofers you could do a small shirt trick.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D