Second Skin Audio

Sub placent in 4th order

If you were talking about the link I followed it but was unable to find anything on his build.

Are you on mobile, or the full site? His build is pretty much fully detailed if you are on the full site version.

*Edit- Here ya go:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/90050-4-18-blowthrough-i-kissed-a-4th-order-and-i-liked-it/

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

P.S. a 4th order can't just be thrown together and sound good....

To build a 4th order don't I take the sealed specs for my sub for the sealed area then make my ported side twice to three times as large and then tune my port to like 40-45hz?

In it's basic, basic, basic form, yes. It's much more than that to get it right. You can tune and tweek a 4th order for months and never get it right. Few people can throw one together and get perfect results without planning. Have you built a 4th order before?

Nope this is a first. And I am going to figure things out before I build that's the reason for the discussion however I am willing to build and re-build to achieve my goal. If after all the posts I read and other peoples build Logs I have it figured out then I will be very happy. But the way I look at it you have to start somewhere. And getting a box built and tuned and testing it will be the only way to start figuring out exactly what I need. But I don't think I've seen a 4th order with the subs firing towards eachother??

Scroll up in THIS thread and click Sani's build. He's got a 4th order tuned to like 5 Hz(it's stupid low) and his subs are oriented in an opposed fashion.

My 4th is tuned to 44 hz. the 6th order was somewhere around 25 (the lows were FUNNNN but i wanted something more musical)

Looking at that sanitarium build, how is that considered a 4th order? It doest look like any part of it sealed playing to a ported sections. Wouldnt this really be called a really huge horn becuase it is basically a huge port? Im not saying anything is wrong with what he did, I just trying to figure out how that was considered a 4th.

Looking at that sanitarium build, how is that considered a 4th order? It doest look like any part of it sealed playing to a ported sections. Wouldnt this really be called a really huge horn becuase it is basically a huge port? Im not saying anything is wrong with what he did, I just trying to figure out how that was considered a 4th.

The original box he made was a 6th order. None of it is sealed like you said. But if you follow the thread all the way to the end you will see he rebuilt his box and made a 4th order.