Finally shelled out the bucks for my Mechman and XS D6500, come to find out most local cheaper line battery chargers change @ 15-15.5V :( Ontop of that, it seems my Jeeps PCM limited the charging voltage or something to like 13.8(highest meter reading I got w/ full load / no load / after big useage @ idle and 2k+ RPM) Extra Sad panda I have to watch the super sexy battery collect dust for awhile till I can afford a proper charger from XS...

Just a vocal tear...

Edited by volvowith18psi

i think if or when the time comes for to me own a vehicle new enough to have that pcm controlled charging bullshit i will probably find away to run a separate charging system dedicated to audio .

Edited by b-dubs89

About the AVM THING, Im pretty sure they do not offer that or something for my car, the rep I spoke with never mentioned that I may need it. Ima call on Monday when they open just to check.

I havent started on building my battery bank yet :( This is just finializeing my under the hood upgrades. Need a damn charger that, thought I could cut a corner on that for now and just upgrade later, but nope...!

Edited by volvowith18psi

Stick a diode in the sense wire? That's about the cheapest way I can think of to up the voltage. Only works on some cars though

What kind of vehicle is it? I remember seeing a thread on SMD or another car audio forum that the person was having the same issue but once he flipped on his headlights his car kicked the voltage up to 14.x. I don't know if this works on all cars tho.

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

run your alt straight to the back battery?

not sure what a PCM is but this seems like it should work. It sounds like the big 3 upgrade should fix that problem but I may be wrong

Edit: I'm a noob when it comes to underhood electrical lol, it sounds like I'm wrong

Edited by Crandis16

PCM's are a b*tch I drive a 06 pursuit only way was an older style alt...

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK