When I ordered my alt I had the option to bypas the PCM do it charges at 14.8 and I have a jeep

Yea, sucks I can only work on the car on the weekends, have to wait till I can get ahold of Mechman on monday to try and find a solution. I just figured the rep woulda mentioned I may need the AVR thing.

Was that option to bypass the PCM offered by the alt manu or something? Im really hoping Mechman has something to take care of my needs! What year jeep BTW?

About the diode thing, its not a problem of it actually charging, it just seems the PCM limits the charge to "conserve MPG, emissions, fuel economy" some new and fancey feature with newerish cars. I really have no idea how the diode thing would turn out / works honestly. I doubt it could be that simple though, and I gotta remember, cant be frying the computer in the car or anything, those are MAJOR bucks!

Update: Did some more testing the best I could, and its confirmed, the computer HAS to be limiting the voltage. Although, with a full load (AC full blast, headlights on, heated seats, wipers, and system full tilt on a Bass mechanic tone) voltage @ battery AND alt terminals stayed in the 13.7-13.9 @ idle. rev to 2k, I got a few peaks upto 14.1 MAX but it would drop right after that. Honestly.... Im pretty ok with that for now if Mechman doesnt make one of those AVM for my 03...

Pic for fun: Ignore the battery is completley to small for my jeep, 2yr old Yellow top resting @ 12.8

2012-06-179514-52-0795793.jpg

Edited by volvowith18psi

I ordered through a different alt company than mechman but when I was shopping around, it was always an option for any company I looked at including mechman because that was always one of the first questions I asked lol and I have a 98 grand Cherokee

formerly known as Jaylor Swift