Sundown Audio

NEW CAMARO SS SUB BOX....SUNDOWN FTW!!!!

HEY JACOB I NEED YOUR HELP!!!....IM BUILDING A SYSTEM FOR MY 2012 CAMARO SS,PROBLEM IS THE TRUNK SPACE IS SO LIMITED.I WANNA RUN 2-SA12'S WITH AS MUCH POWER AS POSSIBLE,WHAT IS THE SMALLEST CU. I CAN HAVE THOSE WOOFERS IN AND HOW MUCH RMS FOR EACH WOOFER?I WANT A GROUNDPOUNDER!!!...I WANT A PORTED BOX BUT AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN STILL HAVE TRUNK SPACE..PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS,OR OTHER SUNDOWN EXPERTS I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALSO.........BTW I WILL NEED A GOOD BOX BUILDER IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA....THNX KEEP SLAPPIN!!!!!

Edited by BIGREGG

I doubt that 2 sa-12's will turn a vehicle into a ground pounder, but they will get pretty loud for a coup style vehicle like yours. They are rated at 600wrms but have been known to take more than that daily. Suggested ported volume for their 12's are 1.5 cubes but 1.5-1.75 should be fine really. I suggested getting 2 dual 4 sa-12s and wire them down to a 1ohm load and have them powered by a 1ohm stable amp that does 1500wrms @ 1ohm

Edit: welcome to the forum. If you're running all stock electrical (assuming a 90amp alt) then I suggest that you at least perform the big 3 electrical upgrade under your hood. There is a great thread under the electrical section that demonstrates how to perform this

Edited by Crandis16

TURN OFF CAPS LOCK YOU ASS HOLE

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

THANKS CRANDIS16,JUST TRYNA PUT MY LIL PLAN TOGETHER.IS THE MB QUART QNX1500 1OHM STABLE? HOW DO U LIKE THE POLK COAXILS? I WAS LOOKING INTO THEM,BUT I LEANING TOWARDS THE HYBRID TECH.MIRUS COAXILS!

I won't yell at you, but caps lock is annoying lol. I have been looking at the MB quartz amps for another build that I am doing for a buddy this summer and I am having his 2 12's wired to a 1ohm load, so to answer your question, yes. And I really like the polk coaxials, I got them at a great price and I haven't had a problem with them yet. If you are going with a loud sub stage then I suggest you match your mids/highs stage so that you don't drown out all the mids/highs. they can handle up to 60wrms but they have never seen that power because I'm just running them off of the head unit until I absolutely need to get an amp to math my sub stage. I have never heard of them but if doesn't hurt to try out other brands, if you don't like them then you can just resell and buy something different