Kicker to enter Walmart in September

Iam a kicker dealer and have been for 10 years. The ds line was the go to for Mids/door speakers. They split up our ordering into 2 different lines kicker and kicker dealer... We can get both. Out distributor told us it was because of best buy. But what happens to our distributor? Walmart ain't going to buy from them, and they have been pushing kicker for ever. And kicker is their main brand. I can get a list of everything that's on the kicker list... Pretty sure it's what Walmart will sell. Competing with the Internet was bad enough, now Walmart?? I really got to think if kicker will have a place in our store, as we are the only audio shop for like 40 miles, we have made a pretty good name for kicker around here....do Walmart will sell the mess out of it around here. But do believe it will fall out of audio graces like many other brands available at Walmart For some reason people take pride in owning something you can't buy at Walmart, makes it seem more exclusive

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

Wow, I did not see this coming. However, unlike 95% of people here, I'm happy and hope people buy more Kicker production. I'm a huge fan of Kicker, myself. Also why are you guys hating on Kicker Company, anyway? :( Have you seen Steve Mick's setup (8 18" Solo X tuned 28hz @ 156+dB)? He literally ripped the van's door away (look up at Youtube). Also what about Neil Barbar (24 10"L7s blastin' at 157+dB)?

Seriously, though. No need to bitterly-hate on Kicker. If you know what you're doing with the right power and the right box design, then it'd pound really good (especially with the L7 and Solo X series).

those are sad sad scores also 8 18s and only a 156 lol.. and 24 10s also.. ive seen many guys do a better score with 1/3 that equipment

Wow, I did not see this coming. However, unlike 95% of people here, I'm happy and hope people buy more Kicker production. I'm a huge fan of Kicker, myself. Also why are you guys hating on Kicker Company, anyway? :( Have you seen Steve Mick's setup (8 18" Solo X tuned 28hz @ 156+dB)? He literally ripped the van's door away (look up at Youtube). Also what about Neil Barbar (24 10"L7s blastin' at 157+dB)?

Seriously, though. No need to bitterly-hate on Kicker. If you know what you're doing with the right power and the right box design, then it'd pound really good (especially with the L7 and Solo X series).

those are sad sad scores also 8 18s and only a 156 lol.. and 24 10s also.. ive seen many guys do a better score with 1/3 that equipment

156 at 28hz is pretty impressive.

Like I said before I hope Kicker does not go under dealing with Walmart. I already see dealers/shops in this thread that are talking of switching lines and that is the first step. Walmart like I said is known to place huge orders and back out, Is Kicker prepared for this. Invoicing is another thing with Walmart you better have every I dotted and every T crossed or they send the invoice back and you wait another 90 days to get paid for your merchandise.

I have always liked the kicker brand and they are one of the pioneers in the industry. Would be sad to see them go down.

Maybe they can do some sound-offs at Walmart. Just think, show up to the event and be able to compete and get your snacks and Monster energy drinks at the same time. Sweet.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

The way I see it, there are a couple problems. The first is the nature of the beast. The company's desire to be a money making machine. And the availability of product on the Internet. People that have no business installing will go to walmart and buy everything including a how to DVD. When they butcher their install, who do they call....me, the little guy. Over the phone they want me to trouble shoot their problem, for free. If they bring it by the shop to have it fixed, 9 times out of 10 when I tell them that half the stuff they bought wiring wise and butchered is no good, they leave after my time on the phone and looking over what is wrong... Basically wasting my time. So they take my opinion and the neighborhood installer who has no problem rigging shit up gets it to work, now I have someone running around saying how high my prices are and bad mouthing my shop. So when the bug hits them (and it will) they need to upgrade their budget, rigged system and come to me to buy something better, and they think they got a great wiring foundation, and I got to tell them otherwise, so back on the net, to the hood hook up, and they ate trashing my shop again. The Internet or Walmart cant install, I will install it no matter what it is, as long as its safe. But that cuts into my bottom line. Common people just don't understand why install cost as much as their equipment. I understand business has to grow, but it seems that you are leaving the people who got you there out to dry. That's why we have swapped our main brand to Memphis. Can't buy it on line, or in big box store. The brand is implanted around here but not widely used...yet, and with quality and price on par or better than kicker...they are going to be my go to. I'd could't imagine having my shop name just under wal mart on the kicker web page dealer locator. I wish

It was like the old days where product, installs and knowledge was shared by people who's lively hood depended on it

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

That 24 10" setup did 157 all day every day. That's not a burp score. How many guys do you know with 1/3 of 24 10"s bassrace 157+ and not have to worry about the subs catching on fire?

Archived