Second Skin Audio

Tuning to 20 hz . . .

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is a 1998 BMW 540i 6spd. The trunk is huge but its going to double as my track day car, hence the low weight. Budget is around 1000, but it'd have to be spread over a few months. I already have the boston 15, which is why I was going to use it. Only other subs I've used that get loud on low power is infinity/jbl. I'd like to reduce the trunk rattle, so the box is going to be sealed off from the trunk, either on the rear deck (which is a good 14 inches deep) or through the back seat.

The main reason I'm going with lower power is I dont want to put a lot of strain on the electrical, and I havent seen a lot of lower power applications here. Wanted to see how loud I could get on lower wattage, I might be able to push it to 500 watts, but I'd want a more efficent amp, and I'm not sure where to look for something with a low current draw other than it has to be class D.

I'm running 4 10s isoberic ported and tuned to 22 htz ... on about 800 watts of class A/B power ...

In your case, I'd suggest 4 8s isoberic ported and tuned to 22 htz with external port tuning on about 800 watts of class A/B power (total sub bass power ... not 800 each sub) ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hrmm, that just SOUNDS like a lot of magnet weight. Is there anyone making subwoofers with Neodymium magnets?

I have musical built subs ... not SPL monsters ... BIG weight difference ... Mine are not that heavy per sub ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Your vehicle ... but not something I would do to mine ...