Tuning to 20 hz . . .

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

birch is lighter and stronger.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

birch is lighter and stronger.

Lighter and Stiffer. Less dense.

OP, since you're not going the cone area route you're going to want LOTS of xmax to play down that low. If you want the response to be smooth you also have to figure out where your cabin gain is the strongest and try to level that out, otherwise it'll seem like your box is off (you may get a 3db gain at 35 hz for example, when your box was designed to have a flat response.).

Oh and wtf are you playing that gets down to 20 hz, just out of curiosity. I have a 200+ playlist of songs that are sub 30hz but I made/altered most of them myself.

Not much, but I've found the response curve to be less peaky the lower its tuned. That and I can say that I CAN. MUHAHAHA! I'll throw a 10 in there sealed and see what the cabin gain is like, I really think I'm just going to port it through the back seat. The SA8 is the only 8 I've seen that MAY fit the mold for what I'm trying to do. I wonder if I used half inch birch and glassed the hell out of it if it would be lighter/stronger than 3/4 MDF. I'm working on integrating a car computer I designed and built into it, but thats another thread.

IMAG0363.jpg