Sonic Electronix

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly do people who break their subs in hope to accomplish?

I don think they want to accomplish anything, I think they want to make sure they dont damage their subwoofer.

Unless they

Most YouTube videos so they can say oh look not even broke in yet

I do not believe in break in

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

breaking in a sub loosens the suspension, no different than breaking in a baseball glove. but i have never heard of a baseball glove not working if you didn't break it in. works better, yes but never heard of one breaking. the best way to break in a sub is to play it and let the suspension move. if you play a single frequency (just like running an engine at certain RPM) then the suspension only loosens to that one frequency, just like the piston rings don't properly seat if you don't vary the RPMs. Not sure why this is even confusing, just put the sub in and play it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I don think they want to accomplish anything, I think they want to make sure they dont damage their subwoofer.

subs wont get damaged if played full tilt, if they do then you are sending dirty(clipping) signal. which will kill any sub no matter how broken in you have them

if this is true then why would my american bass hd12d2 would bottom out at around 1\2 the power that i can give it now after i let it "break in". Im pretty positive that when you bottom out a sub it could damage it But now after it is "broken in" i can give it "full tilt" and more with out a problem>?

it should be harder to bottom out your sub before its broken in. that being said, if your enclosure and sub sonic are correct, you shouldnt be bottoming your sub regardless of broken in or not.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

my sub wouldnt play for shit until it was broken in

absolutely no lows at all ( to be expected) but the sub just sucked in general

then i pulled it out of the box did like 4hrs break in onit with a 20hz tone..

and it was literally night and day

because at 1st i was pissed that i waited that long for a psi platform 2..and then for it to perform like that.. but again AFTER break in it was just what i needed

o and all those guys with the audioque subs with ripped triple joints n ripped spiders... theres a reason why some manufacters give a break in time

nobody is arguing that subs don't perform better once they are broken in. well, at least I don't think anyone is. The confusion is will they break if you don't break them in.

Oh, and what about all those guys with AQ subs that didn't break them in and haven't ripped tripple joints and spiders?

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

subs wont get damaged if played full tilt, if they do then you are sending dirty(clipping) signal. which will kill any sub no matter how broken in you have them

if this is true then why would my american bass hd12d2 would bottom out at around 1\2 the power that i can give it now after i let it "break in". Im pretty positive that when you bottom out a sub it could damage it But now after it is "broken in" i can give it "full tilt" and more with out a problem>?

this is backwards if you think about it. You would have less movement from a non broken in sub therefore less throw. Therefore less chance of hitting bottom.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived