Emp Dual Alt Pics

thought i would finally upload some pics... so here it is the first dual alt cobalt. The alt is currently out of the car thou because i decided to get a chrome pulley instead of the gold pulley... im also waiting on getting a gm stage 2 performance package to get a smaller supercharger pulley to get the belt to fit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a few pics of the finished work. Due to not being able to find the correct sized belt we had to add 2 idler pulleys to take up some slack.... Unfortunately that left only 2 options on routing of the belt around those pulleys. Going under the first pulley would have allowed more belt area on the AC but the belt would end up hitting the metal support... Going under the first pulley ultimately reduced the belt coverage on the AC even more but cleared everything up top. We tested the AC running and there really isn't any slippage. Mind you this is still "freshly finished" so the next few weeks will be keeping it slow and popping the hood often. And with that hopefully ill be lucky and be issue free for a long time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 1 month later...

looks good- is there another alt at the bottom? or somewhere i don't see?

-Drew

ya you can catch a glimpe of the stock alt on the 3rd pic in post #1 and the 1st pic in post #2. Its way down there

very original.....Hows the voltage now?

good running at 16v i just have to iron out some things to get the saz on those kinetiks

• 1 year later...
good running at 16v i just have to iron out some things to get the saz on those kinetiks

if you dont have a 16v set up and your reading 16v. i think you should check that install one more time ;]

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived