Odometer problem, speedometer working fine, need help!

im just gunna copy and past from another fourm i posted in, im absolutly fucking clueless here, noone knows the solution, and so far only one other person has the same exact problem, and hes not found a fix yet, HELP!!!!!

2001 Pt cruiser (no turbo)

anyway im going to give a bit of a background first here...this was my mothers

car up until my jeep took a shit(rear end went out, no funds to repair, this is

better on gas anywho) as it sits now its got approx. 27k miles on it(thats my

best guess). It sat for the most part of 6-7 years if not more, only being started

every so often. My mother started driving it every day less then a mile a day

(to the store and such) and we had to jump start it almost everytime(ill get

to this later) so when i got it i havent had to jump start it. I started noticing

it about a week or two after i started driving the pt since it seemed the car

ate gas really quick(im not sure how much im getting to a full tank seeing as i

cant use trip)

Now heres whats going on, my milage is all ****ed up!!! ive ran the self test all the gauges test fine, i havent put a scanner on it yet, but my guess is nothing will turn up, the car only threw the (batt. disconnected recently or w.e). what the hell could be the problem?

just a lil more side info, i have 2 extra batts in the back to power my system(the problem was happening before i installed them) no accidents, no other problems that i can think of, if you guys need anymore info just ask!

edit: also every time i put my blinker on over 15mph it dings, my guess is this started happening when the odometer messed up, my mother was driving the car when it just happend one day

and for the milaged, i drive 30 miles to work everyday, and it only registers 5 miles

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

You know, i saw your old thread on this and i wasn't much help but i am thinking that since it sat for years you may wan't to unplug you pcm or the computer and look at the connection for corrosion. I would just check every plug i could find under the hood that is wire to wire. Then start on the plugs that plug into sensors, like the speed sensor and such. Only other thing i could think is that since you have jump started it so many times and ran the battery dead so many times that maybe the computer is just bad now. I would get it put on a legit scanner not one of those wal-mart ones that just flash a light at you. Break down and pay the $40 bucks to get it checked. Actually i would do that first. Also if it gives codes those could still mean bad sensors or connections and not actually be actual issue.

yeah sorry for the repeat, i couldent member if i did or not, i do have an uncle that owns a collison shop, so im assuming he has a good one, i might run by there tom.

im hoping its something simple, i dont have cash to drop on a new computer, or cluster either, that shits spensive!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

yeah sorry for the repeat, i couldent member if i did or not, i do have an uncle that owns a collison shop, so im assuming he has a good one, i might run by there tom.

im hoping its something simple, i dont have cash to drop on a new computer, or cluster either, that shits spensive!

Well, that thread is probably so buried now you'd never find it anyway lol. Don;t forget that P.T. cruisers go to junk yards just like any car. No offence. So you could start there if it turns out to be that. Most the tme cars go to junk yards for 2 reasons. Collisions and transmission/engine failure (then the city says get rid of the broke ass vehicle in your yard or we will fine you) So it goes bye bye.

Well, that thread is probably so buried now you'd never find it anyway lol. Don;t forget that P.T. cruisers go to junk yards just like any car. No offence. So you could start there if it turns out to be that. Most the tme cars go to junk yards for 2 reasons. Collisions and transmission/engine failure (then the city says get rid of the broke ass vehicle in your yard or we will fine you) So it goes bye bye.

i hate my fucking clown car -.- but your right, the guys down the road from me are dicks and want a shit load of money for nothing, but theres a few other places too, thatll be my next step

anyone got anyother ideas???

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so i replaced the speed sensor and its STILL doing the same thing, im outta ideas here

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

bump -.- still clueless

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

I know everytime you get a dead battery in a car it takes at least 500 miles to reset all the sensors. So im not sure if you had dead batterys and needed to jump it alot but if this is the case you may have to keep driving it, if that doesnt work maybe something is wrong with the cpu. If the reason you were jumping it wasnt because of dead batterys, then i have no idea.

the computer was replaced, and ive def driven more then 500 miles, after i replaced the sensor ive prob driven aboutttttt 300 give or take, im gunna see if i can find the other speed sensor and get to it, i replaced the one, but maybe the other one is shot too, other then that i dont see it as a grounding issue, somethings shot but idk what

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg