Sonic Electronix

why is my amp making a high pitched sound?

There may be a bad fan in the amp. If it is warrantied, send it back.

if not, open it up and remove the ground wire from the fan and wrap electric tape around the connection points to be safe.

no fan on it, but that would be sweet if thats what it was lol.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

some amps do that when they clip

Ding ding.

I've noticed on a majority of the amps that I've tuned with the DD-1, when the clip indicator turns on on the DD-1, I can hear a squeal coming from the amp. Back off the gain, clip light goes of, squeal goes away.

How did you tune your amp?

i didnt tune it really, i just plugged it in to see if it worked, it doesnt make the noise for like a min or so after i turn it on

Hmm.... Well what ohm load do you have it wired at?

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

You keep shooting down all my ideas lol. I was gonna say switch the ohm load to 2 lol. I wouldn't trust it at 1ohm though, just because it's already making a noise, I wouldn't want you dropping the ohm load and completely frying it.

So for now, check all grounds, open the amp up and make sure there are no loose connections, blow the dust off it again, cross your fingers lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

You keep shooting down all my ideas lol. I was gonna say switch the ohm load to 2 lol. I wouldn't trust it at 1ohm though, just because it's already making a noise, I wouldn't want you dropping the ohm load and completely frying it.

So for now, check all grounds, open the amp up and make sure there are no loose connections, blow the dust off it again, cross your fingers lol

well i checked everything and it looked good. so i blew it out with the compressor and it was dusty as shit lol. but i think that was the problem all the dust. its really just a feint high pitched noise.

How many PSI did you have coming out of the compressor???

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

How many PSI did you have coming out of the compressor???

IDK i didnt put it right up to it and blast it lol. i just blew it over the top of it to get all the dust out. Why is the compressor a nono? i use it to blow out my pc case all the time with no problems

Edited by Redcorn245

It's a no-no just for the pressures that it can put out, especially a no-no for electronics. Should have used a can of keyboard/air duster. Something could have been blown loose with the compressor

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg