VVX dual sub Sealed or Ported

Play with build the sealed box like you want but I would hang on to the ported one something tells me after a day or 2 you will reinstall the ported box

Yes im planning to hold on to it until a couple of months of playing in sealed, just need to find a sealed box

^ Was your score sealed on dash? You should be louder then that, Im wondering how well of a box design you have. I think you could pretty easily do 143 on 1 15 ported. Depending on the box, 1 ported might be as small or slightly smaller then the 2 sealed. That way you save room and it puts less stress on your electrical to run 2ohm opposed to 1ohm. I was doing 142 on music in my trunk on 1 vvx 12, so its certainly viable to do 143 on 1 15 in a suv

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

You can tune a prefab and build it to spec for the subs prefabs suck even sealed ones one size does not fit all for subs

not sure what tuning your thinking on a sealed box. when the prefab is on spec for cubic ft and mdf is at least 3/4 it is a good box prefab or not.

You can tune a prefab and build it to spec for the subs prefabs suck even sealed ones one size does not fit all for subs

not sure what tuning your thinking on a sealed box. when the prefab is on spec for cubic ft and mdf is at least 3/4 it is a good box prefab or not.

you technically can tune sealed boxes...

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad1.htm

edit 2: 99% of the time, prefabs are tuned in the 40's with like (sometimes less than) 10 sqin of port per cube. glue joints suck sometimes too and break free.

Edited by Kranny

you technically can tune sealed boxes...

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad1.htm

edit 2: 99% of the time, prefabs are tuned in the 40's with like (sometimes less than) 10 sqin of port per cube. glue joints suck sometimes too and break free.

Violet curve Green curve Red curve Enclosure volume =

2.68ft^3 Enclosure volume =

1.77ft^3 Enclosure volume =

4.68ft^3

Is this the tuning your talking about? of course different size box will tune differently

• 1 month later...

^ Was your score sealed on dash? You should be louder then that, Im wondering how well of a box design you have. I think you could pretty easily do 143 on 1 15 ported. Depending on the box, 1 ported might be as small or slightly smaller then the 2 sealed. That way you save room and it puts less stress on your electrical to run 2ohm opposed to 1ohm. I was doing 142 on music in my trunk on 1 vvx 12, so its certainly viable to do 143 on 1 15 in a suv

I found out that staging on my head unit was hindering the output, I turned it off and my whole system came alive, I can tell a big difference on how loud and deep the bass is now, I am waiting for a show to get metered again to see where I will stand.