Ok.. Well.... I need to rent out a chop saw or something. Cutting it by hand works for a couple cuts but doing as many as I am it just sucks lol

Anyways..... More of my harebrained stunts. Couldn't rig up anything to use as a clamp for another piece of wood. So I used my car. Brings back memories of installing the box :peepwall:

WP_20140707_004_zps4e64912c.jpg

WP_20140707_005_zps22589dc9.jpg

Getting a feel for the layout. See how that wood I laid down the middle will be sandwiched between the angle iron? The back and baffle will be the same. Plus putting it in the corners... Should be strong as poop when I'm done

WP_20140707_007_zps780041b8.jpg

WP_20140707_006_zps1dda104d.jpg

Quickie test to get familiar with this stuff. Took longer than I thought to sand through the rust/coatings on the iron. Not looking forward to this, but it's a labor of love :P

WP_20140707_008_zps4606175a.jpg

WP_20140707_010_zps3be2b1dd.jpg

WP_20140707_009_zps2b4ef10b.jpg

FOT1BFF_zps6dd4ca18.jpg

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice man, was just working with that loctite today too. That should fix the baffle separation from the rest of the box for sure. You going to worry about the flex you have in the middle at all?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Given how rigid the angle iron is, I'm pretty confident that will solve it. Wood + 2 pieces of 1/4" thick 2" wide angle iron glued and screwed in place. Should make it pretty rigid. How you see it on the bottom where I took pics, with the wood sandwiched between the two pieces of metal - it will be mirrored on the baffle too :)

8x PL is nice yeah?

I see you copy-cat :ph34r:

lol jk

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

So my build is pretty much a PITA to work with when trying to work through a handful of 9" holes in the box lol

Not too bad until I try to get to the rear screws. My arms are about 3" too short. Got one in, gave up on the other. Spent the better part of an hour on just getting this one in the box. I think the bracing may be more of a project than the box itself :nuts:

WP_20140712_001_zpse6ca1a9d.jpg

FOT33F0_zpsf16e93d9.jpg

at least you have a 9" hole to work with!

That.....

.....That just sounds wrong....can't even think of a clean ways of putting that.

Good luck man! Keep up the good work!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

totally thought, well why not go through the sub cutouts!.....yeah good luck with pulling the subs while in the car lol you gonna have this all braced up and ready to give me a demo in 2 weeks???

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

at least you have a 9" hole to work with!That..........That just sounds wrong....can't even think of a clean ways of putting that.Good luck man! Keep up the good work!

The term "wooferbox gynecologist" sums it up. Haha thanks man :)

totally thought, well why not go through the sub cutouts!.....yeah good luck with pulling the subs while in the car lol you gonna have this all braced up and ready to give me a demo in 2 weeks???

Shoot I hope so!

• 3 weeks later...

New scores after bracing. These are all with the box tuned at 26

Headrest, both windows down

FOTA76E_zpscd771111.jpg

Archived