Sundown Audio

Amp Suggestions?

I've got a Orion HCCA 12.2 in a ported box and I'm in need of an amp but unsure which brand or wattage I should get. My sub is rated for 2000 rms 4000 max power. I plan to wire it down to 1 ohm so it needs to be 1 ohm stable.

Suggestions? Help?

Thanx

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

(2) Digital Deisgns 3515's D4

Digital Designs M3B w/ Toolmaker Dual Inputs

Mike Singer Built 340 Amp Alternator

Arc Audio KS 300.4

*mids and highs to come soon*

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

My suggestion is that you have a nice sub, please don't go cheap on an amp. Try a Crescendo BC2000. That amp will give you a clean 200+ watts if the gains are set correctly. Don't go with an MB Quart or something budget like that. Cheapest I'd go would be a Hifonics Brutus series amp(like a BRZ2100.1D 2 which is $280 on sonicelectronix website). You could also do the 2400.1D and it's $370. At that price though, the Crescendo is only 10 bucks more.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm trying not to go cheap but being young it's kind of hard but I have a badass sub but no amp. A buddy recommended Sundown (which will require a pretty penny for sure). I had it on a Hifonics HFI2000D and it worked fine but I owed a guy money so had to sell.

As towards how much am I looking to spend. Doesn't matter I'll work my ass off to get it.

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

I already went cheap and fired a amp so not looking to do it again. Fried a Planet Audio AP3000D

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

The PPI Sedona S2000.1D is $250 at sonic and I'd think it will do its rated power at 1 ohm. You get into really needing solid electrical support when running a true 2000watts. What vehicle are you putting this in? Do you have an aftermarket battery, or the Big3 done yet? Also, welcome to the forum, hope you like it around here. Lots of good guys and good info.

its a big hump from the low end to the high in the 2000 rms watt amps as far as dollar wise . i think cleanciera gave a couple of good suggestions .

Edited by b-dubs89

It will be going in a 2006 F-150 Crew Cab. Stock battery but I have a Shuriken SK-BT35 battery I plan to add in addition to my regular car battery which will be installed in the tool box in the bed of my truck. Big 3 is coming soon just need money first. A local audio shop said they would do it for $150 but to me that sounds crazy for the price so I'll probably have the kid who sold me the system do it.

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

It will be going in a 2006 F-150 Crew Cab. Stock battery but I have a Shuriken SK-BT35 battery I plan to add in addition to my regular car battery which will be installed in the tool box in the bed of my truck. Big 3 is coming soon just need money first. A local audio shop said they would do it for $150 but to me that sounds crazy for the price so I'll probably have the kid who sold me the system do it.

$150 for the big 3?!??? That's crazy. You could easily do it yourself for 40-50 TOPS.