Don's Jeep... Triple Alts Installed

If he has the same engine as my old Jeep you guys removed the AC since that shits on the top of the bay I'm assuming lol that sucks about the batts though, when Dom posted the pic on Facebook I was like NOOOOOOOOO but was lol'ing at the same time because he put "for sale like new batts" or some shit like that lol

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

All fuses were new, 350a. The batteries were about 3 years old or so ...they've been through some abuse, so I wouldn't rule them out.

IMO a 350 amp fuse is way to large of a fuse to run on 1/0 wire.

Even 300 amp is pushing it for ofc

350 amp fuse will not blow until a easy 400+ amps of current is sent through it, and on a piece of 1/0 wire you will never send that kind of current.

If your running multiple runs your even that much more unlikely to run that much current through one piece of wire.

At that point your fusing is completely useless unless your dead shorting your wire, and even then it will take a minute for that fuse to pop and cause other damage than just a burnt up fuse.

Id say this will also apply to 2/0, 4/0 gauge wiring as well, just because the wire is larger, doesn't mean go all retarded fusing something so high, and make it near impossible to protect your vehicle if there is an issue.

Proper way to fuse, is maybe start with a large fuse, but once the setup is playing go and take measurements with a clamp meter and actually see what kind of current is being pulled through the wire full tilt. and than fuse for 25-50amps over the number your being showing on your clamp. Even if you fuse for the exact number if possible the fusing probably wont blow unless your able to exceed that number consistently.

/cliffs

Proper fusing most likely would have saved this vehicle from a short if that is what happened, but it wasn't stopped via the fuses because they where so overly highly fused.

This is why fusing your wire via the current it carries > fusing your wire via its max amperage rating like everyone does.

Aaron, it's the straight six engine and the ac is still there...doesn't work worth shit, but it's there lol.

Brian, thanks for your input, I read the cliffs, but I'll read the long version after work/when I catch a break :good:

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Damn, imma have to look back in the thread to see how you guys did it. When I had my Jeep I wanted to throw an alt in the AC location because it seemed like the perfect spot

And that was a nice little read up right there, gained some edumacation right there Brian :)

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Yeah.. I came across the same company.. 1500 for that with bullshit alts.

Well, if you wanna fab me one or a copy of yours im all for it. Let me know what you can do.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived