Second Skin Audio

Sundow Z v.3 15 Box Help

Ya I was thinking about that but ppl said it wasn't necessary. I'll through one in just to be safe. This box is 2.53 cubes with 48sq" of port area, 18.99sq" of port area per foot tuned to 34.40hz. I'm eventually going to through 2k on it and was told that 2.5 cubes with 19sq" port/ft at about 33-34hz would be good for 2k.

I think the box is too small, 50sqin is fine, but 2.5cuft is too small

volume dictates response, and since this sounds like daily being tuned to 34hz I would increase volume to increase efficiency and keep the box from being as peaky

if you didnt pay attention, I have 3500w amp powering mine, in 1cuft bigger box, LOL

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Ya the max dimensions are 18 tall x 32 wide and the depth max is 17.5 and that's right where my floor folds up for my tire well(where the amps/batteries are). I said 18x32x16 in my OP but 17-17.5" can be done but like I said it's at the max.

You'll need to double up the front so tick baffle in Torres

You'll need bracing as well so that will be around 0.02-0.03cuft (3/4 or 1" round bar)

Put a 45's in the the port and opposed side to port(not needed on front as double baffled but you can still put)

Other that port is all good at 16-17sq" per ft port

And power that with 15-1800rms and you'll be fine, if you want 2k+ drop the net to 2.5net 19sq" per ft port

This is why I was at 2.5 cubes. But if 3 cubes will be better then I will definitely do that.

Edited by tlh_360

oh dear... why did it take so long to catch that mistake.

i'd give the sub at least 3.5 cubes. shrink the port down to 15-16 per cube so you can get more volume.

i hate to see such a nice sub go in a shitty box.

PM me if you have any further questions or need further assistance.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

are you kidding?? the zv.3 will take 2k no sweat. 3 and a quarter net, MAYBE. you're choking it at 3 cubes. that's for sure.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.