Second Skin Audio

Sundow Z v.3 15 Box Help

Ya I noticed on that I used 16" not 16.25" that I needed, so technically its all wrong. But yes in that mock up is 16 in depth not 16.25 that I need. I was building the box and noticed it. But yes now I have come up with the correct 14 and 22. I will be posting yet another box design shortly. lol. That is why I love SMD. You learn so much. Thanks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey what do ya know with the proper depth and using the center of the port I came up with center 14" and 22"

and for the wood pieces 11" and 19 3/4". Thanks a lot. Finished box coming up soon!

Yup had the rounded but did have to make the 45 a tad smaller. It was like 2 53/64. now its 3 5/32 so should have nice flow.

The 45 is 1.75" in width if that matters.

portcenter45.png

Edited by tlh_360

funny that people are more concerned with top to bottom brace but neglect to brace the 32" wide back panel that is very prone to flexing

i would add a dowel the width of the port centered to back panel centered to height to keep that panel stiff, and it will stiffen that long port wall better as well

my ZV3 is in 3.5cuft@32hz with 50sqin and its pretty ridiculous for a single 15" on a crescendo3500@1ohm

If I were to rebuild my box I would go down to 3.25cuft, raise tuning to 33/34 and leave port area the same

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg