First Car Comp/Show First 150 and 160db

JWBryant

Went to my first competition today and it was pretty sweet. I didn't know there was so much car audio activity in ND. There was probably 20+ vehicles with various sound systems. Mostly it was kicker, I also saw JBL, DD, and a few other brands. I was thinking about metering my single cab but I didn't feel like it was presentable, and if I did I was going to have to compete in some other class besides stock because my box was above the windowline by a inch or so.

Anyway, the First 150 I heard was in some extended cab truck with 6 kicker 15" subs walled (maybe they were 12's). They turned it up and I got a listen. It was pretty loud, and the guy who demoed it said it did a 150.

And Blaine Trones the guy with a 160...

544129ba.jpg

1d298593.jpg

a3ef324f.jpg

He was metered that day and did a little over 160 at 47hz. It has 4 kicker Solo X's walled, 4 Kicker Warhorses, and 16 batteries in the back.

It was by far the loudest I have ever heard... from the outside. I got to stand next to the passenger door and listen as everyone was hopping in and out. I would have sat in it but after about halfway through the second song he had to quit because it was starting to smell. It was LOUD for sure but I imagine it wasnt playing 160db when he was demoing, which makes me wonder what it sounds like when people play mid 60's on music.

I am going to this again next year and then I will be competing. Its pretty cool how much fun you can have at these events when you dont know a single person there. Well thats it, thanks for reading.

Basshead-in-Training

nice truck.

You wonder what its like when people play mid 160s on music?

Well there are only a handful of guys that can do that in the world.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion