Second Skin Audio

Am I doing this right?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The back of the box is slanted, and Strangeduck I haven't decided what to have I think my dad just wants a big box he can remove that is the size of his boot with 4 SA-8 v2's on top.

Edit: So it would look how Steve has his, with the subs on top and the port in the middle.

Edited by Cazz

Guys I need help... I don't know anything about Boxes, Ports, Tuning, wiring or anything. I have a Rockford Fosgate P300 amp if this amp cant power 4 SA-8 v2's please tell me one that can or if id need more then one.

The size of the boot is:

Width: 32"

Height: 18"

Bottom Depth: 36"

Top Depth: 28"

So id imagine you would drop the height down so the subs will fit because I want them on the top, the back of the box will have to be slanted. Please some one tell me a design my dad is a Carpenter he can build anything out of wood if he has the dimensions. The port can be anywhere as long as I can feel the bass, I want it to be able to play low bass. My Head Unit is a Alpine CDA-9887R so also if that needs upgrading please let me know what to upgrade it to, as with anything else.

i tried real quick. but i have the port completely inside the box. which is gonna be difficult (or impossible) to snake around the inside of the box.

tuning boxes relatively low with small woofers isnt an easy task to do.

unless you plan on upgrading that 300w amp to something more powerful, then i would just use 1 sa 8. not 4.

BTIpe.png