Second Skin Audio

Am I doing this right?

Right I have spoken to a few people on a previous post about my dads BMW E36 M3 3.2 Evo and where things could be put. Well I figured by all the comments saying putting the subs on the rear shelf was a bad idea so I measured the boot and made sure I could still fit shopping and access the spare tyre. I have created a sealed box for 3 8" subs which were recommended (SA-8 v2) and the same sealed box but for 2 12" subs which would probably be 2 Rockford Fosgate P3S. However I am new to Google Sketch Up so it may look horrible and knowing my luck something wont fit but all measurements are correct for the boot of his car.

Here are some pictures of the sealed box, if this is also bad then please give me some tips:

Sideof38in.png

Frontof38in.png

BackofBox.png

Sideof212in-1.png

Frontof212in.png

You need to calc your box before drawing it and place dimensions on your drawings,, you are not saying what 12" subs are you using, well designed ported is louder and hits lower than sealed, So if you have the space go ported.

If you post your maximum dims for your box, your amp and which 12 subs I could comment on some options.

How many cubes is it? You may have to make do with sealed with such a small place to build.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

The box desplayed above is:

Box Width = 32"

Box Height = 14"

Bottom Depth = 14"

Top Depth = 6"

Wood Thickness = 0.75"

Total Box Volume = 1.875 ft^3

I think my dad is just gonna fill the boot with a box that he can remove to get to the tyre and the shopping will just have to else where. We only have one Rockford Fosgate P3S Shallow but i think we have decided to go with as many SA-8 v2's as we can, recommend any Amp at the moment we have a Rockford Fosgate P300, our head unit is Alpine CDA-9887R. Im not sure how to do Ported boxes, we just want as much bass as possible from them little 8" Monsters. If anyone comes up with a design that will work and will give out as much bass as possible please give the dimensions because my dad is a carpenter so he can build anything you throw at him.

The size of the boot is:

Width = 32"

Height = 18"

Bottom Depth = 36"

Top Depth = 28"

I was just reading around the forums and came across something about a T Line is that a Ported box because it was said to be good. The only ported box I know is Re Audio L Ported Box Calculator but Im not sure about the port sizes so I cant really use it.

I was just reading around the forums and came across something about a T Line is that a Ported box because it was said to be good. The only ported box I know is Re Audio L Ported Box Calculator but Im not sure about the port sizes so I cant really use it.

t-lines are gigantic, so its a pretty useless design for your care.

Ok so mttornquist i just spent ages following your tutorial, indeed it helped me a lot but I put 2 depths then followed your design and at the very end I realise the back of my box is slanted so I cant follow your tutorial but I made a perfect box with the wrong dimensions. So basically Im back to square one I don't know how to make a ported box with a slanted back.

Have a look at my FAIL:

Fail1.png

Fail2.png