Need Pointers On Fixing My Bumper

I have the front off my truck and want to fix it up. What would I use to strip the paint and rust off?

DSC02936.jpg

DSC02937.jpg

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Take it off and have it sandblasted?

It's already off. I was hoping to do the work my self. No $$$ for any one else to do it.

Youtube Channel

You could use some 320 grit sand paper either by hand or with a sander. You could use some 180 or 220 grit, but I would finish it with the 320 to avoid having the deep scratches left in it. Then I would then put some primer over it to prevent it from rusting.

ok get your pen out and take notes fellas, buy some oven cleaner,or air craft stripper. make sure you dont have anything around what your putting the stripper on because it will take the paint off it. 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500 and if needed 2000 i dont neccesarily use every single grit of these i skip some jus make sure you use the 220 and the 400 and the 800 then 1000 atleast. This will also help to polish your bumper if need be. Any more tips needed pm me or reply on here. I use this method for stripping and polishing my streetbike frames or anything needed to take the paint off of.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

ok get your pen out and take notes fellas, buy some oven cleaner,or air craft stripper. make sure you dont have anything around what your putting the stripper on because it will take the paint off it. 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500 and if needed 2000 i dont neccesarily use every single grit of these i skip some jus make sure you use the 220 and the 400 and the 800 then 1000 atleast. This will also help to polish your bumper if need be. Any more tips needed pm me or reply on here. I use this method for stripping and polishing my streetbike frames or anything needed to take the paint off of.

What this guy said. I like to use industrial degreaser, don't get any on you though haha. A dual action orbital sander helps a shit ton too.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

ya i forgot the sander part lol i never hand sand less it is a weird shape bumper or frame. Then youll need too. ive never tried degreaser to get paint off a frame or what not does it work good? i know that air craft stripper comes off easily. Theres another cleaner i use i just cant remember the name of it right now it is an oven cleaner. It will take that shit right off lol. badass and cheaper than the others im pretty sure. if i remember the name or if somebody else knows it post it up.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Thanks guys, I know have more work to do while the fiberglass dries on my new dash.

Where about would I buy the aircraft stripper?

As for the rust, just scrap and sand?

Edited by C.Sanchez.A

Youtube Channel