Sundown Audio

Max Unclipped Power To SA8 V1 & V2?

Just helping someone decide on a small setup with an SA8.

What is the max unclipped amount of power you have had these running at daily?

Either V1 or V2

We have various amplifiers available for this setup, just looking for the boundary as I know Sundown rate their subs conservatively.

Thanks guys :)

Ive got an NS-1 to 2 of them. this box they are in is about .6 per woofer with a 4" aero, I just rebuilt a box to 1cube per woofer with 40sq" of port and it only takes that power around tuning, but under tuning i have to turn the HU down a couple clicks.

Ive got an NS-1 to 2 of them. this box they are in is about .6 per woofer with a 4" aero, I just rebuilt a box to 1cube per woofer with 40sq" of port and it only takes that power around tuning, but under tuning i have to turn the HU down a couple clicks.

Have you thought about clamping the power you are feeding yet with that ns-1? I saw that you said you think the clamp is broke, didnt know if you got a new one yet.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

The v.2 subs will handle a pretty massive amount of power when configured properly as they essentially have no mechanical limit within reason (we have busted them mechanically on 5kw burps). The voice coil cooling also puts them on par with many well designed 2.5" coil drivers thermally.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Have you thought about clamping the power you are feeding yet with that ns-1? I saw that you said you think the clamp is broke, didnt know if you got a new one yet.

im waiting around to find a good deal on a used fluke.

• 2 weeks later...

The v.2 subs will handle a pretty massive amount of power when configured properly as they essentially have no mechanical limit within reason (we have busted them mechanically on 5kw burps). The voice coil cooling also puts them on par with many well designed 2.5" coil drivers thermally.

Now this i ilke to hear, no mechanical limit within reason! I need money to come now so i can pick one of these up to experiment with...

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

• 5 months later...