Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

Sure can check each coil with a multi meter. Visually inspect wiring and the woofer for damage or bare wire touching metal

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What H/U do you have?

When it stutters or shuts down what exactly happens?

Does only the sub amp shut down or off during this time or everything?

Nothing turns off technicly. Everything is still lit up its just the subwoofer will stop make sound for a secound then go back to normal if i don't turn the volume down it usualy keep doing it but sometimes if will only happen once and then be fine without turning it down its strange.

And i have an alpine cda-123

When you did the big 3 did you remove stock wiring to the alt or leave it on and add to it?

I know with alpine that if the H/U voltage drops to 11v it will stop for a split second till voltage increases, you would need to double check the H/U voltage with a meter but it is one of many possibilities that may or may not be it.

Another thing is the amp shutting down from to low an impedance and that alpine is 2 ohm stable so if you have it at anything below 2 ohms it might be shutting down from it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

When you did the big 3 did you remove stock wiring to the alt or leave it on and add to it?

I know with alpine that if the H/U voltage drops to 11v it will stop for a split second till voltage increases, you would need to double check the H/U voltage with a meter but it is one of many possibilities that may or may not be it.

Another thing is the amp shutting down from to low an impedance and that alpine is 2 ohm stable so if you have it at anything below 2 ohms it might be shutting down from it.

I Kept the stock wires with the big 3 too hard to trace them so i just added 1/0 with it, and the amplifier is at 2ohm

Random times? Not just full tilt?

Try this: run a wire from the + on your amp to the remote turn on on your amp so it's always on. If it works fine, your remote wire is wonky or you might need a turn on relay

That didn't help.

And i did another test today i kept my volume that never cuts out and turn my bass all the way up and it cut off this is so f*&%ing stupid my damn gain is at zero i would rather fry a subwoofer than deal with this s*%@ at least then it would be a easy fix to alpine headunits in a row have done this and ive never had it happen with my old alpine headunit and my two directed 1100d's maybe i should just buy a distrubtion block and hook them back up because this is getting f(&^ing rediculous!

have you checked your fuse under the hood?

youd be surprised, i was at work and a similar issue came in, i wasnt seeing a full 12v at the amp like i normally would, i looked at the fuse and it was not blown/black, took my dmm and saw a huge voltage drop on the amp side of the wire, swapped the fuse for the hell of it and sure enough the problem was gone

customer had the same problems as what you are describing with subs cutting out at random times

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

have you checked your fuse under the hood?

youd be surprised, i was at work and a similar issue came in, i wasnt seeing a full 12v at the amp like i normally would, i looked at the fuse and it was not blown/black, took my dmm and saw a huge voltage drop on the amp side of the wire, swapped the fuse for the hell of it and sure enough the problem was gone

customer had the same problems as what you are describing with subs cutting out at random times

I'll have to try that i hope that the problem and if it is i will cry and beat my head against a brick wall untill i start to bleed!

Archived