Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

drzladysman please start your own post and stop thread jacking this one.

how am i thread jacking? im having the same exact issue as the op. why create a thread about something thats already being discussed?

You do not have the same issue as him unless you have the same car same everything. so pretty much youd have to be him. If you want help on your issue start your own thread. Now I have to go through here and clean up all your shit so the OP can have his thread back. If you want help make your own thread. If you want to not be a part of this forum keep up the attitude. I do love how you talk about how this forum would be a better place when you registered yesterday and all your posts were yesterday. So just let me know how you want to play the game.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

drzladysman please start your own post and stop thread jacking this one.

how am i thread jacking? im having the same exact issue as the op. why create a thread about something thats already being discussed?

You do not have the same issue as him unless you have the same car same everything. so pretty much youd have to be him. If you want help on your issue start your own thread. Now I have to go through here and clean up all your shit so the OP can have his thread back. If you want help make your own thread. If you want to not be a part of this forum keep up the attitude. I do love how you talk about how this forum would be a better place when you registered yesterday and all your posts were yesterday. So just let me know how you want to play the game.

Im not on here to play games im here for solutions and to help. Its my first car audio forum and its just not that great of a first impression with certain characters. I appreciate your approach, and as a man i am going to admit that i should open my own thread. I'm used to car threads ie. tsxclub, where certain problems are bound to be alot more similar since there is alot less variables than somebody's car audio system where one of a million parts can go wrong.

Im not on here to play games im here for solutions and to help. Its my first car audio forum and its just not that great of a first impression with certain characters. I appreciate your approach, and as a man i am going to admit that i should open my own thread. I'm used to car threads ie. tsxclub, where certain problems are bound to be alot more similar since there is alot less variables than somebody's car audio system where one of a million parts can go wrong.

you're not getting a good first impression because you cant follow simple guidelines.

The ground he is talking about is a GM side post extender that is bolted down to his truck metal...

haha yeahhhh. move it to the ACTUAL frame and you should see improvements. i dont understand why you're using a terminal made SPECIFICALLY for a battery connection, as a ground on a piece of metal

The ground he is talking about is a GM side post extender that is bolted down to his truck metal...

haha yeahhhh. move it to the ACTUAL frame and you should see improvements. i dont understand why you're using a terminal made SPECIFICALLY for a battery connection, as a ground on a piece of metal

I did it so i can easly remove my ground at will. Try to bear with me its kind of hard to explane what i did but i'll try. I'll start at the frame of the car i have a long screw threw it with a nutt at one end, from that bolt i have a 1/0 gauge wire about two inches long that goes to the bottom of the gm terminal. The terminal itself is ran threw a part of the car where to pieces of sheet metal overlay. Then inside the trunk another 1/0 gauge wire is connected to the little srew that comes out of the terminal and that wire runs to the ground of the amp. Every contact point has been sanded clean there is pictures (Not Very Good Ones) on my gallery on this website.

But anyways let me start from the top. Problem is sometimes my subwoofer only will instantly cut of (amplifier stays on) there is no protect light on alpine so im not sure if its going into protect or not, but it will stop jump back in and out and usualy if i turn it down alittle it will stop. Normaly when this happens around vol 23 on alpine headunit but on my youtube page Oeking87 i have a video just sitting in park with it turned up to 25 and i had no problems the video is only about five minutes but we where doing this for about half an hour.

My Equipment - One Dc Power 270xp Ho Alt,One Optima Yellow Top Battery Under My Seat, One Kinetik HC600 Battery In The Trunk, One Alpine CDE-123 Headunit, One Alpine Mrp-M2000 Amplifier (2000rms At 2ohms), Four 12" Alpine Type R's SWR-1243D, Big Three Done. Whole Car Don't In Monster Wire.

Things Ive Already Done - All my wires are tight, All fuses are good, Subwoofer are wired correct, tried to differnt headunits, tried hooking remote lead to power supply, tried new rca cables, tried turn subwoofer gain on headunit down and i was way to weak for four 12"s, tried messing with amplifiers gain (Turned it down all the way)(Don't use bass boost) (Used DD1). Checked voice coils with ddm. None of this helped or work.

use an actual bolt with washers bought at a hardware store instead of a terminal made specifically for batteries.

on some subs. if you put the speaker wire too far into the push terminal, it'll go through the other side and touch the basket. which essentially shorts out the amp.

The bolt connect to the frame of the car is just a store bought, but there is a gold platesd battery terminal that is bolted down to the trunks sheet metal so it goes store bolt then wire then battery bolt then wire then amp. And i don't have push in terminals i have those screw ones like a house speaker would use.

Archived