Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some Q's so bare with me and be patient. I'm just trying to eliminate some causes and trouble shoot. Since this thread is all jacked up right now i want to get back to square one.

1. Could you explain your ground a little better. "A gold battery post ran threw the car "paint removed" with a 1/0awg wire outside running to frame so to points of contact."

That confuses the fizzle out of me.

2. What kind of vehicle is this?

3. Where is the voltmeter (in your video) hooked to? (front battery, read battery, amp?)

4. Is this cutting out, a sharp cut off, or does the bass just fade in and out?

5. Have you tried playing one sub at a time? ( I realize this might be a pain in the rear to do but it might pinpoint whether or not it is a faulty sub or lead ect)

6. Can you post some pics of your grounds and other connections for us please?

Don't take this as me doubting your connections and stuff, It's just that sometimes a simple thing might be slipping past you. Sometimes when I have issues with a system I just need to step back and look at the big picture or get a second set of eyes on it. It just happens because I am too close to the issue or over thinking something. We all do it, part of being human I guess.

2004 Buick Lesabre Limited.

Voltage Meter Is Stock Its Built Into Car.

Subwoofer Cut Out Sharp.

And Im Going To Try Subwoofer By Subwoofer This Weekend.

But anyways let me start from the top. Problem is sometimes my subwoofer only will instantly cut of (amplifier stays on) there is no protect light on alpine so im not sure if its going into protect or not, but it will stop jump back in and out and usualy if i turn it down alittle it will stop. Normaly when this happens around vol 23 on alpine headunit but on my youtube page Oeking87 i have a video just sitting in park with it turned up to 25 and i had no problems the video is only about five minutes but we where doing this for about half an hour.

My Equipment - One Dc Power 270xp Ho Alt,One Optima Yellow Top Battery Under My Seat, One Kinetik HC600 Battery In The Trunk, One Alpine CDE-123 Headunit, One Alpine Mrp-M2000 Amplifier (2000rms At 2ohms), Four 12" Alpine Type R's SWR-1243D, Big Three Done. Whole Car Don't In Monster Wire.

Things Ive Already Done - All my wires are tight, All fuses are good, Subwoofer are wired correct, tried to differnt headunits, tried hooking remote lead to power supply, tried new rca cables, tried turn subwoofer gain on headunit down and i was way to weak for four 12"s, tried messing with amplifiers gain (Turned it down all the way)(Don't use bass boost) (Used DD1). Checked voice coils with ddm. None of this helped or work.

I don't feel your problem is with any grounding issue but rather your wiring that is the cause of your problem either at the amp, sub or connections on your box.

Pull on every connection hard like your trying to pull it apart cause if all you do is wiggle it slightly and not tug on it you'll never know if your connection is solid and secure.

Check and make sure you don't have a stray strand of wire between connections that have the possibility of touching causing the amp to shut down from shorting out while moving.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I don't feel your problem is with any grounding issue but rather your wiring that is the cause of your problem either at the amp, sub or connections on your box.

Pull on every connection hard like your trying to pull it apart cause if all you do is wiggle it slightly and not tug on it you'll never know if your connection is solid and secure.

Check and make sure you don't have a stray strand of wire between connections that have the possibility of touching causing the amp to shut down from shorting out while moving.

x2. but even those screw type terminals can allow you to push the wire in too far and can easily touch the basket.

OP where in WI are you? If you're near me maybe we can meet up and I can take a look. Sometimes it helps to have another set of eyes that knows what they are doing look at it.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Archived