Dead car?!? what could it be?

What car, what alt, what system?

Need to know all of that first. If you smoked factory wiring you would know it, trust me.

2002 toyota camry, 1k system(alpine mrp-m1000), stock alternator stock battery.

well it sure as hell seems i smoked my electrical...

jump start it get it running , carefully disconnect all batteries while it is running if it dies when you disconnect the bat the alternator is bad and not charging .

jump start it get it running , carefully disconnect all batteries while it is running if it dies when you disconnect the bat the alternator is bad and not charging .

i read this somewhere and was thinking about trying it.

than i also read somewhere else this could possibly damage my computer.

so i decided against it...

there is a slight risk of that , but no more than when you connect jumper cables to jump start it. the big thing is to do it in such a way as to not ark or spark . i can tell you from experience cam sensors are vulnerable to get knocked out during jump start or arc.

i wouldn't be too scared of it , just be careful not arc nothing . if you still don't want to , i say have your alternator tested . that is what i would suspect at this point

there is a slight risk of that , but no more than when you connect jumper cables to jump start it. the big thing is to do it in such a way as to not ark or spark . i can tell you from experience cam sensors are vulnerable to get knocked out during jump start or arc.

i wouldn't be too scared of it , just be careful not arc nothing . if you still don't want to , i say have your alternator tested . that is what i would suspect at this point

alright. well i'm a big jumpy when it comes to direct current like that so i may get a friend to try it out for me. like i'd rather just pull the whole thing out than risk frying something.

but do you know where i can get it tested? like for free, and a place where i can just bring the alt in?

this is such a damn thorn in my side because i was just going to upgrade all this and boom, hits before i can do anything to prevent it.

alright. well i'm a big jumpy when it comes to direct current like that so i may get a friend to try it out for me. like i'd rather just pull the whole thing out than risk frying something.

but do you know where i can get it tested? like for free, and a place where i can just bring the alt in?

this is such a damn thorn in my side because i was just going to upgrade all this and boom, hits before i can do anything to prevent it.

oriellys , autozone most of your autoparts stores can test alternators

alright. ill just do some digging to see how i can dig this thing out.

btw do you know if the newer Camry like the 07 model, could fit and operate in my 2002?

they both have the serpintine belt.

alright. ill just do some digging to see how i can dig this thing out.

btw do you know if the newer Camry like the 07 model, could fit and operate in my 2002?

they both have the serpintine belt.

If you mean the alternator then possibly, it's not so much the belt that is important as it is the mounting points. Check online and see, but the donor will need to come from a vehicle with the same engine most likely. Take a look at a service manual to figure out how to remove the alternator but it's usually pretty simple.

1. Loosen belt tensioner and remove the belt from the alternators pulley.

2. Disconnect the ground cable, and then positive cable from the battery.

3. Disconnect the charge lead from the bolt on the back of the alternator, slide the boot on the cable back if there is one to reveal the bolt.

4. Disconnect all other cables attached to the alternator if there are any.

5. Remove any bolt or screw securing the alternator.

6. Lift that baby out.

Save all removed parts and reinstall them in the opposite order you removed them, but don't connect the battery cables again until you're done with everything else. It is not really necessary to disconnect the positive wire from your battery after the ground is free but if you like to be overly cautious like me you can.

I'm gonna hate

its the alt, period lol, i think those amps are current hogs, but i could be wrong, how on 1k you fried you alt idk lol

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

its the alt, period lol, i think those amps are current hogs, but i could be wrong, how on 1k you fried you alt idk lol

He hasn't done the big 3, which would likely be the culprit because of all the extra resistance due to the dinky factory charge lead/grounds. Usually that just smokes the cable, though, I could be wrong.

I'm gonna hate

Archived