Second Skin Audio

help w/ dc audio level 4 m2 15s ported box design

My other problem is that when i usually cut wood for my vehicle. Is that a sheet of wood is 49 x 97. So i leave all my cuts at 49in so when i add the sides that go on the outside of the top and bottom sheets, that's what adds for it to be at 50.5 at the width for the extra 1.5 inch from the sides. If i cut the wood how it says on your cut out sheet then I'll have to get more wood

Well the cutsheet makes easy for someone to get the job done without any calculations but you can come up with yours, the L port parts need to be done exactly as listed though.

Having said that it is convenient to follow the cutlist since the subs will have much better support, also I am not showing the front to back and top to bottom bracing that is needed, if you would like me to update the drawing with that let me know.

Edited by Joe X

Wouldn't the L port measurements change now that the width of the port is 5.75? And yeah i would really appreciate it of you can redo the sketchup with the updated width and port wideness being 5.75 please? Also where it says the vb is 6 cubes, thats after port displacement right? Thank you i really appreciate it

Wouldn't the L port measurements change now that the width of the port is 5.75? And yeah i would really appreciate it of you can redo the sketchup with the updated width and port wideness being 5.75 please? Also where it says the vb is 6 cubes, thats after port displacement right? Thank you i really appreciate it

Ok, check this carefully: the whole cutlist has been adjusted to reflect the changes including the 5 3/4" port, ALSO the pic is just an assembly guide of generic dimensions, I have updated it to show the bracing that must be put in place. If you have further questions let me know.

joe isnt it bad tho for the "L" part of the port to interfere with one of the subs air space? thats why i designed my one std style but i believe you said it wasn't as efficient. my source is one of EXOs box building vids

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

That is usually a disadvantage of L ports but not in your case as the box is deep, you can always help more placing the subs as follows (remember the other pic is onla an assembly guide not the actual box):

2xdc.jpg

You won't have unbalanced loading like this.

• 8 years later...