Second Skin Audio

SLOT PORT .VS. AERO/ROUND PORT for SPL box

​I need opinions based on experience like stuff u have built, vehicles u have sat in and so on. i have always made slop port boxs for myself and customers untill now i am thinking of doing a box for one of my SPL cars with 3 6" aero ports and i could use some tips and trick on putting together a proper aero ported SPL box. The equipment is 2 15" Sundown Z v2's on a SAZ-3500d @ .5, 2 runs of 1/0 KNU OFC back to 2 SK-BT120 batterys with 1 SK-BT100 up front also have a 250 amp alt and dual inputs for the amp. i want to keep the box under the window line witch is 15" so i want the box spect to be 38"W 30"D 15"H and from what torres tells me my ports will be 21" long for tuning around 35hz, i supoz i should tell u its a 1997 blazer 4 door and i will have sub's up and ports up so that means i will have goofy external ports but owell as long as its loud also it is my daily driver so it has to be music friendly PLEASE chime in and hit me with some knowledge.

I'm not the most exspierienced but if you have room you can build the box to its ported specs and use the aero ports on the outside of the box to get your port area. also with it external you can experiment with different lengths of the tube.

1994 honda accord 2.2L VTEC

sub is re se motor with fi cone in a pre fab box

stock door speakers on an alpine v12 4 channel

sub on a 1000 watt alpine monoblock

need a dash kit and harness to put my alpine deck in

also need tons of sound deadner

need to install my apline type r compontents up front

need to buy type r 6x9's for the rear

e4405e27.jpg

something like this but with your 2 subs and 3 ports

For street spl areo ports are awsome and I would use use 2 6inch areos for 2 15's I got my civic to a 153.x with 2dc xl m1 15's and 2 6 inch areos I think 3 is to much plus they don't come 21 inches long you would have to do some work for that

Now for big boy spl walls and modifided classes like super street in db drag slot port all the way

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

For street spl areo ports are awsome and I would use use 2 6inch areos for 2 15's I got my civic to a 153.x with 2dc xl m1 15's and 2 6 inch areos I think 3 is to much plus they don't come 21 inches long you would have to do some work for that

Now for big boy spl walls and modifided classes like super street in db drag slot port all the way

ya you totally right alpine slots are bassically your only choice on a wall or bigger type boxes and with those ports it does help to get a big roundover to get the aero affect and that oart is realatively easy cuz you can use those concrete forming cylinders and cut them they work great

from what I hear, aeroports are more efficient. I have a difficult time getting one to work though without putting A LOT of exterior port to my box. I think it's easier to do aero's on boxes that you have more room to work with, as opposed to small boxes like mine (1.9 cubs for a single 12 tuned to 34 Hz)