Sonic Electronix

I have two Kicker Comp 12s now and i was wondering if i upgraded those to two Kicker CompVR 12s but kept the rest of my system the same, like same amp same wiring and all that, would it make a difference or would my system still sound the same?

maybe, maybe not. Only way to truly know is to buy them and test them.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Identical box if its optimal for the comps...you might lose output on the CVR's because it is not optimal. If you built a perfect obx for both than its still a toss up. I think the sub with better effeiciency would technically be louder on the same power. I would say the difference would be negligable...unless you are running higher impendance now than you will wiht the CVR's....than the CVR's should be louder......

Ehhh I would just keep the Comps...save some money and get better stuff later down the line....I dont think the 140$ you can get CVRs on ebay for is worth it.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

The amp is an older rockfordfosgate 500 watt power series class D monoblock but i am not sure of the box size because it is a wedge shape for my single cab truck but i ill gomeasure it and figure out

I wasnt going to buy them new i was going to buy them off craigslist for 40$ a piece but i only paid 50$ a piece for the comps brand new also but youre probably right about saving my money and just buying something better later.

I wasnt going to buy them new i was going to buy them off craigslist for 40$ a piece but i only paid 50$ a piece for the comps brand new also but youre probably right about saving my money and just buying something better later.

On 500watts I would say the comps might actually be louder since they are in a wedge truck box too. My friend had two 10"comps and the dealer talked him into 2 cvrs...IMHO not as loud and still sounded muddy and like crap.....I know its all in the install but just switching out subs can actually have a negative impact.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

The box is about 1.5 cubic feet per sub, and you're saying that if you under power the cvr's they would probably not be as loud as the comps that are powerd just about to their right wattage?

Archived