Sonic Electronix

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum so forgive me if I sound dumb xD

I am looking to buy:

2 10" Rockford Fosgate P3D2 Punch subwoofers (500w RMS, 1000w Peak)

A standard dual chamber, vented box

Kenwood KAC-7205 1000w 2 channel amplifier

The wire kit and the install, I'll let the shop deal with. What my question is.. Is this amp good enough for these subs? The subs say they are dual 2 ohms (I don't know what that means) and the amplifier says it can run 2 subs at 250w per channel @ 2ohms (also don't know what the ohms part means)

What I need to know is if this amp will work with these subwoofers.

Also, Do I need a new dashboard unit? Or will it all connect into my existing stereo system. I drive a 2012 Camaro 1LS. I've seen custom Camaro systems with the stock stereo unit but I am not sure.

If you need anymore information, feel free to ask! Thank you for your help!

Yes the amp can be run from what ever head unit you currently have as it accepts a high level input (which is tapping into the signal from the speaker wires). Or if the stock unit has RCA preouts then those can be used.

Another option is using a unit like a 3sixty.3 or the likes, to run the amp.

i personally would suggest using a monoblock amp to run the subs. This will allow you more wiring options as the amp will likely be stable at 1, 2 and 4ohm loads.

Going off the RMS of the amp you stated, the subs will be way under powered also.

Yes the amp will work with the subs put simply, but there are better options.

Also using that amp to wire the subs will mean if the musics bass tones are not centred then one sub will pump harder than the other because each sub will have to be wired to the right channel and the left channel independently.

Subs 2ohm coils, wired in series to 4ohm will see 170WRMS each from that amp.

Both subs can't be wired to a 4ohm load which is stable for bridging on that amp, which is why i suggested a monoblock amp (or you could use 4 channel amp and bridge front and rear outputs).

I hope that helps a bit, even though i have wafted on a bit. Can't simplify all my thoughts at the moment....too late at night for me haha :P

Edited by Lost Legacy

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

I'm new to the audio world and am learning specs and all that myself but honestly what I've learned is everyone says that their way is the best. And also, get more than one opinion. So as Legacy said, it would run the subs but, underpowered. Save up a little for a more powerful sub.

Me personally, I have a rockford fosgate t1500 amp powering 2 t0's. Now that's a little too much amp for the subs, but can always upgrade to more powerful subs without spending anymore on an amp.

I'm sure more will chime in on this, and they'll say their 2 cents. But if you don't believe the internet, also could go to several car audio shops (or email/call) and ask their opinion.

Sheena = pedobear

If you haven't already purchased the amp you could go with a Kenwood KAC-9105D instead and would only leave you 100 watts under rms on the pair. Granted you could take the time to read around the forums a bit and get a bit more knowledge on how some things work and could go a different route all together.

pgsig.png

I'm new to the audio world and am learning specs and all that myself but honestly what I've learned is everyone says that their way is the best. And also, get more than one opinion. So as Legacy said, it would run the subs but, underpowered. Save up a little for a more powerful sub.

Me personally, I have a rockford fosgate t1500 amp powering 2 t0's. Now that's a little too much amp for the subs, but can always upgrade to more powerful subs without spending anymore on an amp.

I'm sure more will chime in on this, and they'll say their 2 cents. But if you don't believe the internet, also could go to several car audio shops (or email/call) and ask their opinion.

backwards, bigger amp with a mono instead of 2 channel, or a 4 channel. don't upgrade subs if your amp doesn't draw enough wattage

Edited by 97Jetta1637

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

I thought Mono Amplifiers can only run 1 sub at a time because it only has 1 channel o.o

So.. if a mono amplifier runs 900w x1 @ 2 ohms, that's 450w to each sub?

Mono is just 1 signal as opposed to stereo which is 2, Running a mono amp to your subs is pretty normal, doesnt matter how many subs you run off the amp as long as you wire it correctly for ohm load. So with your 10's they are dual 2 ohm voice coils, you will need to wire each subwoofers voice coils into series, then wire both subwoofers together in parralel to give you a 2 ohm load.