Sonic Electronix

Any 18" subwoofers that are better than AudioQue HDC3 18s for very close to the same price?

I plan on doing four AudioQue HDC3 18" Woofers soon (Copper Coil). I was wanting to know if there were any woofers that can handle as much or more power and are as good or better than for around the same price. If anyone can let me know something that would be great, thanks!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

aq hdc is a very good woofer but if i had my choice it would be the sundown audio z-18 but my opinion might be bias http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sundown-audio-z-v3-18-sub-woofer-1500w-rms-subwoofer.html

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

It has to be in the 300-400$ . Between the Skar and BL they both say 1500 RMS. But usually a woofer can handle more than it's rated for by its company. How much can each one handle? (Playing Music Daily).

i know for a fact that the bl takes up to 2000 clean rms all day long and i would think the skar will do the same maybe more not sure never had a skar

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

From doing a direct swap from AQ to Fi the Fi woofers sound a lot crisper and deeper... the AQs are a pretty punchy woofer but yes they do get loud. i think youll be happier running the BLs over the AQs

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

i agree with lem the bls sound great and get loud but give them a week to break in as i noticed they get way loader as they do more than most subs

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

What amp would you recommend that's not hella expensive? I run an AudioPipe 3k right now but that won't do and it can't be strapped. What brand? What Size? and how many? I don't want it to be a cheapo Amp but I don't want it to be SUPER expensive like an AQ Amp . Like AudioPipe does a good job and it's not insane expensive. The 3k was 355$.